View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 10:21 AM

Had a blast at a track day last Saturday, but my day ended early with some strange engine related symptoms.

Here was my first dry session of the day...and the session when the symptoms started.

Here is video from my friend Sean's car who was behind me when it happened.

And this is from Valerie's car starting right when Sean passed me.

https://www.facebook.com/DragonladyG...3272482/?t=507

Symptoms are excessive blowby out valve cover at idle, a bit extra oil pressure at idle (30 vs normal 20 psi) coolant level has risen in recovery tank but appears pretty clean still, smoke out both exhausts (with X pipe) under acceleration after hard deceleration, no strange noises and still runs smooth and powerful at normal operating temp. I parked it on the trailer right after, unloaded and drove into garage and it hasn't started since.

A friend me called last night and brow beat me into finally doing some diagnosis. First pic is oil that came from the bottom of the pan after car has sat since Saturday evening.

Oil level was still just touching the end of dipstick like it should have been and it doesn't appear to me that there is any foreign substance in the oil at the bottom of the pan.

Next up is pics of all 8 plugs. Only thing I really noticed is #4 and #5 looking a little bit oily. #2 and #3 may be a bit cleaner than the rest but not that unusual to my eye. Maybe someone here will see something I'm missing though. If you want better pics of a certain plug, just ask.

Last is coolant recovery tank. Probably a quart high and it had blown some out already as well. Pretty clean looking, no real sign of oil in it but does have a brownish tint.

Best case scenario I see is head gasket? Worst case scenario could be hole burnt in piston or broken ring or ring gland.

Anyone see anything I may be missing?

Last edited by SSLance; 02-25-2020 at 10:29 AM.