View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Brett, I wouldve ran that exact setup had you made it a few years ago!! I ended up ditching my 'glass springs and a buddy and I fabbed up a complete TQ Arm rear suspension since none were avaliable.

Which brings me to the OP. I had the VB 'glass springs on my 69 since about '91 along with the rear sway bar. I ended up pulling them about 3-4 years ago because I wanted a "do all decent" suspension instead, which I think the TQ Arm does. I had zero problems with them and actually liked them. I think they would have done better with a watts or panhard to locate them since they did have quite a bit of side flex without. I had put over 100,000 miles on it in that time with them..still zero problems. Now, I never tracked the car, so I don't know how it would actually handle against real cars, but it did hold it's own on the street. I did the "no no's" with them also.....3" lowering blocks with the stock 10 bolt (blocks cracked) and 3 1/2" enlarged steel perches for the 9" rear when it went in....Zero problems. Also, the last 8 years or so with them it had twin turbos and made approx 550hp/650tq to the wheels and I took it to the strip on slicks regularly (11.0xx@125 and a 1.60 short time best)....zero problems.

I think that they will EITHER handle great OR dragstrip great....NOT both, which is what I wanted. That is why I changed, and am happy enough now!

Good luck!!
www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Last edited by Shmoov69; 03-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.