View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstryr View Post
Room for 2?
2 cars or 2 trailers?? I could fit another trailer here sure. I am out of room for vehicles LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
I went through that same thought & research process and got enough feedback from way heavier hitters than myself that the mid plate was not necessary so I skipped that one. It certainly reduces some chassis flex there but is not in the least bit a necessity item.

I was also strongly advised to run a rubber trans mount with the motor plate instead of a solid trans mount. FYI
I was talking to a buddy who put a D3 headed roush motor in a mustang and he said the same thing. I kind of scratched my head, I wouldnt feel comfortable with it really.. If I'd have done that I would have used .750 instead of .5" plate for the front. Hell the drag guys use .250!! But that is with a front and rear plate.... Mine is fairly light with all the pocketing.

Once I actually get the engine totally mounted and done I can post some more pictures of it..

I cut one side of the rear motor plate tonight, I need to finish the cad for the other one and do that (why couldnt ford make the bellhousing symetrical??)

I need to order some more tubing so I can build the subframe... I really need a 1.25" die anyone have a pro-tools 105 die I can borrow??