View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
I found that the older we get, the more patience we have. About three weeks of getting up in the middle of the night to "take her out"....And in Cali i still bitched about how cold it was (well, low thirties with just a robe on is still cold lol)...so the accidents have been very very few.
Pam has done alot of research on teething and biting. Were big on toys and distractions, so far no shoes or furniture fingers crossed...With our other three labs, we lost many upholstery...
I love dogs, more than furniture, we keep our sh.t nice, but, having boundries is a learned thing. i guess its like "choose your battles".....but yeh, being so stinking cute helps...

My wife has the patience of a saint (after 33 years with me). I realize it takes time. Potty training seems to be getting better day by day...as long as we know when to let her out. But the new issue is she seems dependant on one of us being home. She cries and howls like a coyote when we both leave. I put a webcam on her crate, and she cried, howled, and barked non-stop while we were gone for about 90 minutes. Kinda heartbreaking, but she has to learn. I don't know if our previous pups had this issue because we were both working and had no surveillance on them. Oh, and she will only go for a walk if we are both along. Otherwise, she refuses to leave the driveway.
I told the wife yesterday (joking) I wanted to return her & get a Lab.

'69 Camaro / 534 BBC / DSE Built
'67 C10 / LS-3 Magnuson / Roadster Shop Chassis