View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Hey all, I got mine in and the engine fired up. ProTip, if you cant find your OEM injectors in the list in the wizard (and theyre on the HOlley supported injector list) then theyre probably in the other ignition injector list.

When you go through the wizard, it ask if youre 24x or 58x reluctor, the very next screen is Choose Your Injectors. You'll notice it says 24X tooth ign OEM injector sets at the top of the screen. I clicked around for a bit until I went back and selected 58x and went to the next screen and found my injectors. What I ended up doing was selecting the correct reluctor and picking a random injector. I finished the wizard and didnt start the car. I pulled the SD card out the handheld and went to the laptop and loaded up the file created by the wizard into the Terminator X software and changed to my correct injector type there.

Positives: If you dont know what youre doing with HPTuners (I dont really and I could never get the car idle tuned properly) then this unit is for you. After answering the questions in the Wizard, the car fired right up.
- The ECU is light and neatly packaged.
- the harness is complete

Negatives: I have a Max unit so there is an extra harness and gigantic relays. If youre tucking everything under the dash, good luck finding space if you have an original AC car (theres hardly ANY room in my car for all of that stuff).
- the harness puts the IAC, Fuel pressure, TPS, IAT, and CTS all in the same spot. My fuel pressure unit is in the back near the firewall so I had to extend the harness.
- Overall, imo, the harness couldve had like another 6" to a foot of length in some spots, other not so much. I had to almost lay the trans harness on the bell housing to get enough length and I dont love doing that.

So, I have yet to drive to test the initial trans settings. Ive just been taking my time tucking wires and looming and trying to fix my DAMN STARTER grind.

You can call me Bart