View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 PM

Default S-10s and curves?

I think this is my first post here, but I have been lurking for quite a while. I've got a '95 Sonoma with an LT1/T56 combo, that I just got back on the road after a pretty rough wreck about a year and a half ago. This time around I decided to go a little further performance wise, especially around the curves. I put together a few things, but I am really unsatisfied with the performance and feel of the current setup, it rides terribly harsh and the front end feels a little "sloppy". I think I know the problem in the rear, but in the front I need 5" of drop, and I need it to perform too. I'm not at all against coil-overs, but I am on a budget. I know a lot of people piece their own coil-overs together from different companies in order to get the right drops and spring rates, but I don't know enough to choose a setup like that on my own.

The correct way to get that low would be to use a LCA instead of a spring, right?

I was looking at these, http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1197but I'm not sure if those arms are lowered any or if they are stock height. Also, I can't find any G-body upper control arms that aren't made for the tall spindle, and since I just bought spindles and the custom brake brackets I'm not real crazy about buying any of it again.

I guess I should tell yall what I have done up to this point-----
-Front tire size is 255/45-18 on an 18x8.5 wheel
-Belltech 3" drop springs
-S-10 2" drop spindles
-Ed Miller's 12" LS1 F-body brake hubs and brackets
-12" F-body disc brakes
-all new energy suspension bushings
-ZQ8 sway bar and steering box
-and a set of old, cheap, worn out Belltech shocks

Just for kicks...
In the rear in has---
-295/45-19 on a 19x10 wheel