View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
for the engine harness I say do it yourself. There are tons of info on the web on how to do it.

I did the one in my son's truck. I used the info on lt1swap.com. I had Zippy Performance in Las Vagas do the computer tune and delete the VATS and make a few other changes as recommended on lt1swap.com. I was not really hard, just very time consuming. I think all told I have about 12 hours in the finished harness. I could easily do one now in a lot less time. I printed out all the info that pertained to my harness and marked off the items as I went.

I have heard good things about the dirty dingo mounts. I built custom mounts for our swap as we set the motor back as far as we could and built a new firewall.

Good luck! The car looks like a nice place to start.
Thanks aggie,

I discovered lt1swap.com a few days ago and grabbed the pinout from this link:
http://www.lt1swap.com/2004gto_pcm_pinouts.htm

It doesn't really go through what to keep, and what to get rid of though it does tell you what you CAN get rid of. I've been looking for a step by step somewhere but everyone who posts info on it or makes a video seems to shortcut past all the stuff I'm curious about. I know how to do one BASICALLY but I need specifics. What if I want to keep the stuff that tells me what gear the transmission is in or what if I want to rig in a clutch sensor so I can safely add remote start later? What about A/C and fans? How do I include a relay/fuse box? Stuff like that.

I found a local guy to remove VATS for me just like you did but haven't found anyone to help me out with the harness. I might try posting in the Midwest section at LS1Tech and asking for a "mentor" to do my first one. Haha.
'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4

My '69 Camaro Build Thread

Last edited by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi; 12-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.