Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 AM

Default My Cuda project is up at Race Rodz !!

Well Rob and I made the long haul to Oregon to drop off my '70 Barracuda at Race Rodz yesterday. The drive wasnt to bad but we did hit alittle rain and snow on the way up. Since I dont have access to an enclosed trailer, I used blue tarps, a car cover and a bunch of pallet wrap (like Suran wrap) to cover up the car. It worked pretty good but I did get alittle water on the inside floor which isnt coated yet (80% of the car is in epoxy, with some bare metal in areas I've done metal work etc). It should be fine since I plan on POR15 and Second Skin the inside floor anyway...

The plan is for Chris to do alot of the custom metal work and get the rest of the car dialed in as far as metal etc. Then back to me to do alot more engine and trans mock-up, finnish up the suspension, rollcage, wiring mock up etc etc etc. Then probably back to Chris for paint. I'm excited to work with Chris and I'm sure we will both be posting up progress pix as thing progress.

Tony car is there in the final stages of wet sanding and buffing etc. It looks real nice and I love the color. I know Tony is chomping at the bit to get it home and it should be done in the next week. As soon as Tony's car is done, then Chris is gonna tear into mine.

Tonys car in final stage of wet sanding

The rendering of my car.....no final choice on paint yet..

Stay tuned for more updates soon !!!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:43 AM

couldn't get it any lower than that hu Ned? Haaa ahh just kidding. Rend looks awesome. Hope to see ALOT of progress and pictures.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,581 Times in 858 Posts

So how crazy are you going to go on this build.

Make sure you posts lots of pictures.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 AM

'70 Cuda... one of my dreamcars! I am going to love following this thread! Goodluck!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:32 AM

I need the high res of the third pic... and of the rendering

Or another killer shot... that way both you and Race Rodz can get a little magazine love.

Wish I could afford a Cuda.. sweet!

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Steve.... I sent some pix to you via email. I'm not sure if the rendering is high enough resolution, but I'm checking with Carter to see if he has any in a higher resolution setting. Let me know if they will work...

Vince...... its gonna be low !! The car is sitting with mock up bars for suspension at the "ride height" Air Ride lists for those shocks, plus the car is on 24.5 inch tires. We may have to do some other mods to get it to sit as low as I want, since once I add the bigger rims/tires, it may be too high. We'll see....

As for the plan....not as radical as the '70 Challenger being shown on here, but pretty radical.......

Air Ride front and back, Alterkation front k-frame, 6.1 modern HEMI either twin turbo (my goal if I can afford it) or Procharger, Bowler 4L85e with paddle shifter, FAST XFI, Dana 60 rear, American Autowire electrical system, body mods will include shaved handles/emblems/marker light, custom rear taillights, custom front and rear lower valance, integrated rear spoiler, custom inner fenderwells etc etc etc, wheels and tire wil be 245-40-19 front and 335-30-20 rear, not sure on the rim style yet...

Thats most of the "big stuff" wth alot of other stuff too....my goal is to maintain the overall look and appeal of the Cuda but with a more modern appoach....a low and mean version of a modern AAR.....
Old 12-24-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJDVM's '69
Steve.... I sent some pix to you via email. I'm not sure if the rendering is high enough resolution, but I'm checking with Carter to see if he has any in a higher resolution setting. Let me know if they will work...

Vince...... its gonna be low !! The car is sitting with mock up bars for suspension at the "ride height" Air Ride lists for those shocks, plus the car is on 24.5 inch tires. We may have to do some other mods to get it to sit as low as I want, since once I add the bigger rims/tires, it may be too high. We'll see....

As for the plan....not as radical as the '70 Challenger being shown on here, but pretty radical.......

Air Ride front and back, Alterkation front k-frame, 6.1 modern HEMI either twin turbo (my goal if I can afford it) or Procharger, Bowler 4L85e with paddle shifter, FAST XFI, Dana 60 rear, American Autowire electrical system, body mods will include shaved handles/emblems/marker light, custom rear taillights, custom front and rear lower valance, integrated rear spoiler, custom inner fenderwells etc etc etc, wheels and tire wil be 245-40-19 front and 335-30-20 rear, not sure on the rim style yet...

Thats most of the "big stuff" wth alot of other stuff too....my goal is to maintain the overall look and appeal of the Cuda but with a more modern appoach....a low and mean version of a modern AAR.....
looking forward to the build

Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Ned, glad to hear it was a safe trip and all is well! I'm sure Rob was a big help...he's a great guy! I wish I was able to be there but just couldn't do the 300 mile each way trip this weekend.

Your car is in great hands and we look forward to seeing lots of progress pics!! The rendering is killer!!

This is a perfect example of what a comunity like this can do. Guys meeting online and hauling their cars a few hundred miles threw rain and snow just so they can have someone they trust work on them...lets hear it for !!

Oh, and thanks for adding a pic of my car...some probably see a messy car, I see progress and lots of light at the end of the tunnel!!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Supporting Member

Awesome! Can't wait to see this come together! Your 69' was a big inspiration when I was putting mine together!

Tim
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,457 Times in 630 Posts

congrats Ned. glad you got hooked up with Chris.

Jody

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit