Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Default Project Wheels and Stance gets a motor and trans!

Wheels and Stance Phase 2.0!

Last year right about this same time, I started the original thread for the Rushforth Wheels company car shortly after I bought the bone stock cream puff and compiled the parts list that was to become my somewhat unlikely pro-touring machine. If you aren't familiar with the first phase of this project, I think it's worth a read for anyone who appreciates a cool car with a good story, especially a somewhat unusual car. Read all about it here: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=21361

I cruised, showed, ran errands, and autocrossed that car right up until the weather was just too wet to drive a car like this on a regular basis. I don't treat it like a sugar cube but surviving 45 years in the NW is a feat in and of itself so I'm going to baby it a little more from here on out.

The car's only shortcoming was the 2 barrel, aluminum headed 300" V8 and Powerglide. Although the car ran like a top and you never had to shift out of first on even the biggest autocross course, the go did not match the whoa provided by the Baer brakes and the Powerglide didn't exactly have long legs when trying to get down the road in the fast lane. I knew from day one that I would be addressing this issue and it all came together this year.

My good friend Chris Holstrom, Username: YouthPastor here had a take out LS2 from an 05 GTO that he passed along to me for a song so I had it rebuilt and stuck a little bigger Comp Cam in it to help it breathe. Behind it is a complete Keisler Magnum kit and I do mean complete! They provide everything with the kit from the shifter ball, to new clutch and brake pedals and even a custom made driveshaft built to my car's specs.

A couple weeks ago, the car pulled into Chris' shop; Chris Holstrom Concepts where he is in the process of building a killer 68 Camaro for a client but the meat and potatoes of his business model is doing things exactly like my car where client's cars will only spend between 1 and 4 weeks or so doing things like LS swaps, brake and suspension upgrades and even general automotive repair for hot rods so a guy who might not have the time, skill, tools to do something like a brake job or a computer diagnosis to his hot rod but he doesn't want to leave it with an ex-convict at the local lube shop and have Ferris Bueller's Day off reenacted on his pride and joy, he can take it to Chris and have it treated right and repaired properly with peace of mind. Personally, I think it's a brilliant business model so if you live in the NW and don't want to tackle that complete LS swap install or Baer brake upgrade, etc, Chris is your man.

Out of the rain and into the shop

Last edited by JayR; 06-27-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Good bye little 300 and Godspeed on your 2nd life in a rat rod thanks to craigslist!

Out with the old while the motor was still hot.

Awaiting it's new home an Night 1

Awesome Autokraft pan and motor mounts from Don Hardy Racecars

Dropping in!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That's awesome bro---glad to see you are able to make progress on it---a new motor---that's killer. I love these types of projects---one piece at a time type---they are near to my own. Keep us posted!

Doug
Old 06-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Very cool Brother! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks at the GG's Show....and hopefully go for a little ride in it! BTW, we are bringing up the trailer again and will be doing lunch on Saturday again for our NW friends and family!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Congrats my friend!!!!
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Last edited by OLDFLM; 06-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 PM

Thumbs up

Very awesome!! She better an even better car now! It is a sharp car Jason!
I do remember Chris saying/mentioning that he wanted to do some minor build-ups at his house. Glad he got the ball rolling on that!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Looking good man! Want me to do the rendering for it this time?

(Inside joke, folks...don't tell me the obvious )
Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

I love this project . Will you and the car be at GG columbus?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Jason --

You know it's a killer car... Now just a little bit mo' killer!

And you're right about Chris! He's the main event!

I asked him to come over and give me a hand one night... and he (with a little help from me) had that job, plus double done. He's a good man and knows his way around a car.

Will be fun to see everyone at GG again this summer.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Dropping in!
[/QUOTE]

BTW ==== CHRIS! Pay attention!

I just ordered this for you (a new shop warming gift) to replace whatever the hell thing you have that nice engine hanging from. I'll call ya when I receive it and you can come get it or I'll bring it over. Can't have pics of that kind of old skool stuff floating around the 'net!

http://www.pitpal.com/products/Pit_P...ng-919-20.html