...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default 2nd Gen Guys Rejoyce

Everyone needs some love from Hooker

I will do a separate post on this 2nd Gen Guys and here is everything you need to do a ls swap in a 2nd gen.

Details to follow.
Headers, Motor Mounts, Tranny Crossmembers, 2 1/2" & 3" Exhaust that clears the Ride-Tech Rear Suspension. The list goes on.







yes it was designed to work with the Ride-Tech rear suspension



Finally someone does a set of headers RIGHT and you can buy them off the shelf !!!



even the oil pan !!



Rick are you seeing this - You need this.....
__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM
garickman garickman is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 874
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Guys who built this car








I'm pretty sure it was built by Kindig-it Design.
__________________
Greg
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 AM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garickman View Post
I'm pretty sure it was built by Kindig-it Design.
Thanks Gary and I think you right


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous69 View Post
That aluminum Cobra body caught my eye at the show as much as anything else did.

That is art in my mind.

It's simple. elegant, timeless and incredibly hard to do right.

If I could afford it, I would buy one just to hang on the wall for inspiration!!

Thanks for posting the great pics.
I am torn on what is going to be the next project. I want to make sure it's fun to drive and something that I can take to the Good-Guys shows. So it limits me to 72 and below. I have a few crazy projects on my want list to build and this happens to be one of them.
__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 11-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

I don't know how I missed this car. Thanks goodness Mike took pics











The JCG Firebird - need I say more.









Holy **** Mario was actually at Sema









and there is more Proof - Martin also found him



__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
glassman's Avatar
glassman glassman is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Livermore
Posts: 2,441
Thanks: 96
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Everyone needs some love from Hooker

I will do a separate post on this 2nd Gen Guys and here is everything you need to do a ls swap in a 2nd gen.

Details to follow.
Headers, Motor Mounts, Tranny Crossmembers, 2 1/2" & 3" Exhaust that clears the Ride-Tech Rear Suspension. The list goes on.







yes it was designed to work with the Ride-Tech rear suspension



Finally someone does a set of headers RIGHT and you can buy them off the shelf !!!



even the oil pan !!



Rick are you seeing this - You need this.....
Yes Rick, its for an LS!!!! BUTTTTTT, you don't HAVE to go all aluminum. Buy a junkyard truck and boost the sh$$T out of it. THis kit is the waaaay to go. When I saw it, i looked at Todd and said, "Where the heck was this six months ago?"

And seriously, it looks and fits soo good, i'm seriously thinking about changing my mounts. I think i will change the headers first, The dynatechs just hang too low (but that could be from my mounts too, but there up as high as they can go)

But this kit for any of you 2nd gennerrs thinking about going LS, this kit is it. Do it!!!!
__________________
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:51 AM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

The golden Ticket boy





I love this hood



can I post this picture here.






The Kicker Studebaker











The Lincoln



yep it's a Coyote motor



I could look at this car all day long !!!





need to go do some yard work - Up Next Nelson Charger
__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 AM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Yes Rick, its for an LS!!!! BUTTTTTT, you don't HAVE to go all aluminum. Buy a junkyard truck and boost the sh$$T out of it. THis kit is the waaaay to go. When I saw it, i looked at Todd and said, "Where the heck was this six months ago?"

And seriously, it looks and fits soo good, i'm seriously thinking about changing my mounts. I think i will change the headers first, The dynatechs just hang too low (but that could be from my mounts too, but there up as high as they can go)

But this kit for any of you 2nd gennerrs thinking about going LS, this kit is it. Do it!!!!
You are so right brother this is the only way to go. But don't forget this kit centers the motor in the engine bay so you will need to get the crossmember and the motor mounts to do it right.
__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
glassman's Avatar
glassman glassman is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Livermore
Posts: 2,441
Thanks: 96
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
You are so right brother this is the only way to go. But don't forget this kit centers the motor in the engine bay so you will need to get the crossmember and the motor mounts to do it right.
Point. Did not know that.

Btw, a few of those cars did the distance on the Calif to Texas road tour. BBT, Goolsby, Greening (2), Trepanier (2), its nice to see the best of the best driving that kinda mileage.
__________________
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Nelson Racing Bare Metal Maximus Charger


























[IMG]2013-Sema/2013%20Sema%20Maximus%20Charger%20%2819%29.JPG[/IMG]



__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM
syborg tt's Avatar
syborg tt syborg tt is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,036
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Some import love









Mickey Thompson Challenger I



__________________
marty-mj
Is a car ever really done???? It's like a ball of yarn unwinding, that has no end... Author DKz Garage

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net