Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Default Need help - 69 396 Camaro or 70 Hemi Cuda

Looks like I may have to sell a vehicle. Both are recently completed full PT builds with everything rebuilt, refurbished, or replaced.

Camaro is a 69 Hugger Orange w/black stripes & top, mild 396, 4/speed, 12 bolt, Wilwoods all around, Vintage Air, Arizen seats, 18 inch Boze wheels, RS front end with DSE/Hotchkis suspension springs lowered 2 inches in front and 3 inches in the rear.

Cuda is a 70 Lemon Twist Yellow w/airbrushed Hemi stripes on the rear quarters and a shaker hood, old school stroker 472 Hemi, Frontrunner system, Wizard radiator with 2 fans, 727 auto, Dana, Wilwoods up front, Vintage Air, Corbeau seats, 17 inch Rushforths, elastomeric front bumper with Eaton rear springs lowered 3 inches and Hemi torsion bars cranked all the way down.

Both cars run great and are a blast to drive. Need to downsize......Which one would you keep.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM

Doesn't sound like you're in love with either one, I say dump em both and build something new.

Dan
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 AM

The one that does not sell first. Sounds like comparable build and comparable money for either. I could live with either one, even though I am partial to Camaros
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 AM

I gotta' agree with sellin' BOTH, as it sounds like you 'should' have a definite preference and you don't. As far as money's concerned, as in keepin' the one that's worth more $$$, that's a no-brainer. The 'Cuda is the money car, I'd say $40-80K? The Camaro sounds like it's $30-50K, tops. Good luck with your "dilemma"!

Last edited by Swiftshifter68; 12-04-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: ...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Camaro- never liked that stock Mopar front suspension or the way the towers were made.

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM

neither give them both to me
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM

How about some pics. We would like to see your toys.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilater View Post
Looks like I may have to sell a vehicle. Both are recently completed full PT builds with everything rebuilt, refurbished, or replaced.

Camaro is a 69 Hugger Orange w/black stripes & top, mild 396, 4/speed, 12 bolt, Wilwoods all around, Vintage Air, Arizen seats, 18 inch Boze wheels, RS front end with DSE/Hotchkis suspension springs lowered 2 inches in front and 3 inches in the rear..
Good color combo, 4 spd is a plus, the DSE/Hotchkis set means you probably have decent spring rates under it, most PT guys love 1st gen Camaros, this would probably be an easy sell.

Quote:
Cuda is a 70 Lemon Twist Yellow w/airbrushed Hemi stripes on the rear quarters and a shaker hood, old school stroker 472 Hemi, Frontrunner system, Wizard radiator with 2 fans, 727 auto, Dana, Wilwoods up front, Vintage Air, Corbeau seats, 17 inch Rushforths, elastomeric front bumper with Eaton rear springs lowered 3 inches and Hemi torsion bars cranked all the way down..
Good color with nice options. Hemi Cudas always command money,,,but, there are not many PT mopar guys out there who are willing to pay the $$ to get into a ride like this. Plus, with the stock t-bars cranked down and 600# of Elephant sitting on them, I can't believe it really handles great. Hemi t-bars are like putting a300# sring under you Camaro.

Quote:
Both cars run great and are a blast to drive. Need to downsize......Which one would you keep.
I'd keep the Mopar, but I'm partial to those. You don't see Cudas everywhere you go. The Mopar might get you more $$, but will take longer to sell. If the goal is to dump something quickly, the Camaro will be an easier sell and you can unload it faster.

How do you use them now and what do you plan for them in the future? If all you do is go to cruise ins, then the Hemi will always get lots of attention If you plan on stepping up the performance and driving them hard, the Camaro will take less effort and expense to get there.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:14 PM

Keep the Cuda, my favorite muscle car. Camaro, although very nice, is something that everybody and their neighbor has...