Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,761 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
Nice work, as usual, Marty! I always enjoy reveling in your use of blue tape, lol. I’m interested in some info on your trans....I’ve gotta pull the trigger on one for my Nova build and with so many going T56, there’s not a lot of info out there for auto’s, not to mention it’s my first go around with an automatic outside of my daily driver. So interested in why you chose Atomic and if you have any experience? I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews on Monster and my body shop said they’ve not had good luck lately with TCI so I’ve been putting it off and looking around but they all start looking the same. Also love your use of the short flexible coolant lines that connect to the hard lines...I’m probably gonna plagiarize that but I’ll definitely give you the credit! Thanks
Morning Shane,

What can I say i love my tape and I think i should give 3m a call and ask them to send me a few rolls.

As for the automatic transmission it goes back to my Syclone/Typhoon days. Bowler builds an incredible transmission and I would highly recommend them as know what it takes to build a transmission that can handle autocross and track use. I choose to go with Atomic Transmission for this build as they are local to me (12 miles) and they have built a bunch for the guys in the Syclone/Typhoon community and everyone loves them. They also build a bunch of drag race and pro-touring car automatics. These guys are car guys first and love building transmission for our cars. I have a bunch of friends that have there transmissions in their cars and swear by them. So I decided to go with them.

When I asked them for a empty case so I could powder coat it they ordered me a new case so it would be perfect. The best part is when I brought the case back they wrapped it in towels and the gentleman that assembled it was so excited to work on it that when I came back to pick it up. He actually helped me load it in my truck. He wanted to make sure no one scratched or even touched it. He also told me he kept it on his toolbox and told everyone not to touch it. With that being said you know he is a true car guy and I feel confident he went above and beyond to building my transmission.

I also like the feeling that if I have an issue I can drive the car over to them and have them help me. It's also why I use the guys at Village Auto & Customs as they are minutes from my house and if I need anything they will actually walk out the front door and look at the car for me.

My goal with this car is to have a fun reliable driver that I feel confident about jumping in the car and driving cross country. Similar to our daily drivers. If your afraid to drive your car or it's a hassle to drive it's just not worth owning to me. So as Greg Weld once told me build something that you can drive and drive daily so you can enjoy it. He also told me to by a Porsche and uhm that was a pretty darn good suggestion.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 12-28-2020, 08:16 AM

Default Holley PFT Fuel Line (( 10-31-20 ))

After talking with the guys at Holley I decided that I was going to skip making hard lines and just run soft lines front to rear. The benefit is there would only be two possible places it could leak and it would take a lot less time to run.

I started at the Filter/Regulator and plan to run up and over to the rear frame rail and use the OE mounting points for the line.

In order to keep the line above the frame I took advantage of this slot and ran the line through it.

I am also ordering some aviation wrap from Tech to put around the fuel line as it passes through this area.

Thankfully I have a nice right hand drill attachment as this prevented me from going to Ace Hardware and buying a new tool. Darn !!!

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 12-28-2020 at 08:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (12-28-2020), WILWAXU (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 09:13 AM

Default Assembling the Holley Sniper Sheet Metal Intake (( 11-02-20 ))

The car is progressing nicely and it's time to address the one issue I have with the Holley Intake. I've been working with the guys at Holley and I explained to them the Fuel Log connecting the rails in the front is way to short. It's so tight that it actually bends the rails in when I try to install the Throttle Body.

So I am going to plan "B" and ordering up a few more fitting and going to use the Black PFT line and I will add 1.5" to the length of the line so it fits neatly under the throttle body.

The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 09:23 AM

Default Why is this bracket so darn Ugly (( 11-02-20 ))

So I have the Holley Throttle Bracket and it has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Hideous would be the word that comes to mind.

Dear Lord this thing sticks up so high it could possible hit the hood.

Summit Racing an I have become good friends.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:58 AM

Default Coolant Hoses by Kenny Davis (( 11-08-20 ))

I ordered up some new hoses to connect the metal coolant hose that Kenny built.

I borrowed the red connection hose from my buddy Ben and I liked how nice it fit and looked.

Knowing that the hose I borrowed worked and looked nice I ordered up some in black.

Goosesdad (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 10:17 AM

Default Trans Coolant Lines (( 11-08-20 ))

Today I am going to try to figure out a good way to run the transmission coolant lines. I started at the
radiator using the lines Kenny bent as they look great and work perfect. I will most likely change the blue fittings
to black so it blends in with the engine bay,

Once again I pulled out the clear tubbing and layed it out the way I suspect it will go.

There is a lot going on here.

Fuel line, Vintage Air Drain & of course the Trans Coolant Lines which will have DEI heat wrap installed near the headers downpipe.

You can see the green rope as I use that to estimate the length of hose I will need.

Once the inner fenders are installed the lines will not be visible.

Last edited by syborg tt; 12-28-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:46 AM

Default Playing with the DEI Heat Sleeve (( 11-11-20 ))

I picked up some DEI Heat Sleeve and I plan to install it on the fuel line near the tailpipes.

It was a while I am here moment I slid some over the fuel line where it goes through the frame rail.

So years ago I learned this little trick to straighten out Adel Clamps.

Insert the appropriate socket.

Gently tap the clamp and it will straighten right out.

Relocated the Vintage Air drain to a safe location.

Installed the DEI Heat Wrap on one of the Transmission coolant lines.

Goosesdad (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Blue tape, clear tubing, green rope.... I like your style. It’s paying off and really coming together nicely.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiffav8 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 11:41 AM

Thanked 2,759 Times in 1,681 Posts

Really enjoying seeing all your creative solutions here MJ.

Skip
The Following User Says Thank You to fleetus macmullitz For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 02:15 PM

Nicely done!!

My Build Thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53320
The Following User Says Thank You to Goosesdad For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-28-2020)