Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 10-20-2019, 05:29 PM

Default Narrow Brakes Options for 15 Inch Wheels

I've got a NASCAR rolling chassis that I'll be using for HPDE and track day events. The AP brake calipers that were on the car were way out of my price range (they guy wanted $4k for them which is too much for me right now). I'm trying to piece together a set of calipers in the $1500 range to get me to the track. And then as I learn and outgrow them I can consider upgrading in the future.

I've been looking at Wilwood and was almost going to get into the Aero6 for the front but then realized they were too big. The car has 15 inch racing wheels and 12.88 rotors.

The best I can find that fits my car are the Billet Narrow Superlite 4R Radial. Not sure how well that compares to the Aero line so any feedback would be great!

Also, any other suggestions for calipers that would fit this type of setup? It seems that a lot of the pro-touring type stuff needs bigger wheels. And then the stuff that's fits NASCAR rotor/wheel combos are way too pricey for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sal
Old 10-21-2019, 05:57 PM

I'm not sure where you're located but Mooresville NC has a number of Nascar/circle track used car parts stores where I see AP brakes loading up barrels. perhaps you could call around and might get lucky on a used set??
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 PM

Well I'm down in Austin TX. I googled a bit and found a couple that sold parts. They don't have much listed... I suppose those are the types of places where you need to browse around. Or maybe call and talk on the phone...

You know of any places off the top of your head?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanto View Post
Well I'm down in Austin TX. I googled a bit and found a couple that sold parts. They don't have much listed... I suppose those are the types of places where you need to browse around. Or maybe call and talk on the phone...

You know of any places off the top of your head?

Yeah their websites are pretty basic, but plenty of staff in the stores to answer phone calls. This is the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

https://circletrackwarehouse.com/?product_cat=brakes