Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I use Flikr and Imgur.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 PM

Hi Eric how's it going? Getting anything done on the Chevelle? Hope it's all well with you.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
I switched to SmugMug back then and have used it ever since. Not free but certainly worth the small investment.
the free part is what got me and so many others backed against the wall and even after paying for there premium services photobucket fd me. i will have to check that out. thanks for the input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
Not a popular opinion I know but you can just pay photobucket and since they still have your photos (unless you removed them) they'll just reactivate third party hosting again and raise your storage limits. Gone is the $400.00 yearly fee that got everyone upset. Plans start at like .20 cents a day. So the easy button might be to just buy one of their entry level plans.
yea i really thought about that as well however after getting FFDD so bad by them i just don't want to give them a nickle again. still might just to save all the time to move everything
There's no such thing as a free lunch. I read all the "terms of service" for all of the photo hosting sites I could find when considering jumping off the Pbucket ship and every one has a clause that would allow them to make the same stupid financial move Pbucket did. . that is always a risk because of today's modern day business ethics and the attitude of the next generations for running things unfortunately
I'd been a paid Pbucket user since back in the early 2000's when they started but like everyone else got upset when they instituted the $400.00 nonsense even though my third party hosting did not get shut off like all the free accounts because I was already paying for a mid level account. I now have well over 10,000 pics so I have to pay somewhere, I can't really expect a company to store, host third party, etc. for free. How would the company survive profitably? I currently have their most expensive unlimited everything plan and it's less than $150.00 a year. No ads, easy to use. yea i was in the same boat was paying for more storage when they pulled the rug out from my feet then kicked me in the nuts when i tried to get up again. i would rather give another business my money. I just lost all my faith in them and there ethics.

I have found it's easier/quicker to use a Flickr free account for video storage but I suspect eventually as I make more videos the free account will reach its storage limit and because there's no free lunch I'll have to pay for that service somewhere. I think Youtube saw what happened with the Pbucket debacle so they're cautiously changing their "rules" over time. Again there's no such thing as a free lunch so advertising or fees has to pay the bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
I use Flikr and Imgur.
i will have to check out this option.thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Hi Eric how's it going? Getting anything done on the Chevelle? Hope it's all well with you.
it has been a rough year indeed. my Father passed away and have been dealing with all the fun stuff that goes along with that. the Chevelle project has doubled in size literally! your going to love the latest on this coming up soon. just trying to get a new photo hosting set up again and will stat posting up some updates again.
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:15 PM

Sorry for your loss,It's not easy.
That sounds good I'll be watching for your updates.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:04 PM

google drive test

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hyX...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hyX...ew?usp=sharing
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.

Last edited by E.rodz; 02-18-2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:13 PM

anyone know if i can load pictures from google drive directly without needing a link?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
anyone know if i can load pictures from google drive directly without needing a link?

Doesn't appear so. I downloaded the pic from your link and added it as an attachment, works fine that way.
Attached Images

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 02-19-2021, 10:01 AM

Name:  46837111433044__160x97-RGB_5651859836064.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 02-19-2021, 10:03 AM

Attachment 73954Attachment 73954