Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Default this is one of those new guy posts

I've been digging around here for a little while trying to figure out the art scene and there are clearly some amazing artists, but i was wondering if i can only post art in a forum setting like this or if there is another place or way. the reason i ask is because i read the sticky about the new artwork page and it said something about artists posting new work to their pages. anyway, what's up to everyone, i'm a FNG or .... NFG? either way, i've been into cars for close (a little less) to ten years i guess is all but i've been drawing since i was little. i only got into vector art about the same time i found an interest in cars and that's what i'm using now almost exclusively, though i really want to incorporate traditional drawing as well. i only recently got into designing project cars and haven't done many - most of my work is drawings of other people's cars.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Welcome! You do excellent work, you'll fit right in. As far as media, there is a huge range used by the artists/designers here. Where did you go to school?

Keep posting work, we love seeing it!

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I went to a technical college while I was in high school (then one year after) because HS didn't offer art classes that, at the time, I was interested in. Well, I was like 16 or 17 and was thinking I need to learn some practical art skills that I can actually make a living with. I went into a graphic arts program, because I didn't know what I was doing in retrospect. However, I did learn the printing process from start to finish and I'm grateful for that (prepress and getting images prepared for print has been very valuable). In my second year I discovered Adobe Illustrator and the only logical choice was drawing cars. At that time people were wowed by it and I thought I was doing something new ya know. Just a few months ago I joined deviant art and found ALL sorts of people drawing cars so since 2000 or there about I've had no outer influence and for whatever reason I've been content doing what I'm doing - never bothered to go online looking for others doing what I do. Once again, looking back I can't believe it never occurred to me. Been subscribing to PHR for a year and a half or so, saw Chris Horton, figured that making a living doing something art LIKE wasn't for me so this is the direction I'm going now. Anyway, I have an AAS in graphic arts. My brother did the Commercial Arts thing which focused more on art and now he's doing an Automotive degree. So between the two of us we have at least a foundation for designing cars I guess. I'm really only interested in getting the look right ... i'm not much of a gear head as far as EFI, turbo, NOS, blown and scratching every horse out of a late model style engine in an old car. I leave that to the experts. Don't get me wrong though. I'm all about the road course and going fast, it's just that I doubt I'll ever be doing much of it. At least, not until one magical day arrives where I get out of bed and have to sweep piles of cash out of my way to get to the bathroom.

so how about that posting art thing? what is the "attachment" thing on my profile?

and sorry for the long post

Last edited by city_ofthe_south; 02-19-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm guessing Scott Gulbranson ("XcYZ") will chime in here and give you the info regarding posting work on the artwork page. You probably want to talk to him about that stuff.

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome. You have some great stuff on your site.

As for getting your work put on the Artwork page, shoot me an e-mail:

[email protected]

My LS7 69 Camaro