Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2008, 06:34 AM

I will take them. Thank you. Shoot me a pm with your full name and address and I will send you a cashiers check or money order. You mention rubber bushings. Can I get these anywhere like Autozone and do you prefer the rubber ones over poly or is there a better option. Sorry I am a novice and sometimes I need things spelled out for me lol.

What did you think of my rear sway bar option and do you have any suggestions for rear lowering springs? Thanks again for all of your help. I will get with Jon about the Varishocks. If I do everything we talked about that should really tighten everything up.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 PM

I got a set of Varishocks from Jon for the 'Velle but haven't installed them yet.
Where are you having fitment problems?That is weird because I am having zero issues with my 18x10's (5.75" b/s) and 305/35 rubber...and my car is pretty low as you know.

www.buickfunnycar.com
http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Wheels

Glad you got your wheels. Sounds like the upgrades your making will fix the problem.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn View Post
I got a set of Varishocks from Jon for the 'Velle but haven't installed them yet.
Where are you having fitment problems?That is weird because I am having zero issues with my 18x10's (5.75" b/s) and 305/35 rubber...and my car is pretty low as you know.

The wheels fit and are on the car but the slightest shimmy gives me a rub. I can only assume that the higher tire height is putting the fattest part of the tire right on the lip where as my 17 tires didn't go that far in there. Oh well no biggie. New upper and lower arms with new bushings, sway bar, springs and Varishocks should tighten everything up. It was something I knew needed done but didn't think it was this big a problem until the new wheels were installed.

The wheels look great on the car and once the new uppers go on and centers everything I should be ok.