Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumLs View Post
Sweet! Been nice seeing this deuce come together! Goals! I’m about at your halfway point with my 64 nova ss, dse sub#115 & l92 swap with a Muncie..
Greg
Sounds like a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
This thing is badass. Stance is perfect. It looks like what DSE would build if they tried saving the patina. Again, perfect.
Wow man Thanks for the kind words! Not sure it's up the dse standards but I greatly appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Just outstanding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
Great car! Looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks guys, just need to tie up a few odds and ends, then it'll be ready for some serious miles!
Old 12-27-2018, 11:21 AM

Just read through the entire thread and wow! Impressive! Car is one of my favorites!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:31 AM

Wow time flys, it has been a minute since I've updated the thread. I had the interior guys do a custom rear seat foam and cover, did a few cruise inns with Dad and the family. Drove a little over 600 miles and started seeing metalic in the oil. Me being me thought the absolute worst and pulled the motor and trans thinking a bearing was going. Of course, I didnt find anything wrong, and must be the arp lube (anti seize) mixing in the oil. So now that the car is apart again. I am trying to decide what do. Leaning towards upgrading the trans, and installing new johnson lifters in the ls1 hoping to quiet the valve train some. Anyways... on with the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kevin_l For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (07-09-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 12:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_l View Post
Wow time flys, it has been a minute since I've updated the thread. I had the interior guys do a custom rear seat foam and cover, did a few cruise inns with Dad and the family. Drove a little over 600 miles and started seeing metalic in the oil. Me being me thought the absolute worst and pulled the motor and trans thinking a bearing was going. Of course, I didnt find anything wrong, and must be the arp lube (anti seize) mixing in the oil. So now that the car is apart again. I am trying to decide what do. Leaning towards upgrading the trans, and installing new johnson lifters in the ls1 hoping to quiet the valve train some. Anyways... on with the pictures.
Love the rear seat and it's pretty nice to see that you took it out with your family.

As much as they say anti-seize if your friends I swear I feel and look like the tin man after I use that stuff. On a side note I am running stock GM lifters on my LS1 and never noticed any noise.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 PM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_l View Post

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Love the rear seat and it's pretty nice to see that you took it out with your family.

As much as they say anti-seize if your friends I swear I feel and look like the tin man after I use that stuff. On a side note I am running stock GM lifters on my LS1 and never noticed any noise.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-02-2019, 06:50 AM

Awesome looking Deuce!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheWraith For This Useful Post:
kevin_l (11-13-2020)
Old 07-09-2019, 08:17 PM

Seat looks sweet, glad you’re getting it out and using it. Better taking the time to pull it and have peace of mind, and make any upgrades you need then finding out you should have when your on the road.

kevin_l (11-13-2020)
Old 07-23-2019, 02:35 PM

I have a soft place in my heart for 66 Nova's I built one in early 90's 350 vette TPI heads 700r4 and 12 bolt 3.73 painted porsche red looked great but rode like a Turd really disappointing belore DSE made clips obviously wonder how much better they are - oh well she's gone now - I like the patina look too and saves $- good job!
90 Formula / Firehawk clone
1999 Firehawk
1969 Chevelle SS 396
The Following User Says Thank You to ZMAN1969 For This Useful Post:
kevin_l (11-13-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 07:13 AM

Hey Kevin, just wanted to bring this thread ttt and see how the Nova was doing? Hope you’ve been staying safe and enjoying the car. Your project was a huge inspiration for me and really got me fired up to find a Second Gen Nova project...unlike you, I picked one with a little too much patina! Lol

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769
Old 11-13-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
Hey Kevin, just wanted to bring this thread ttt and see how the Nova was doing? Hope you’ve been staying safe and enjoying the car. Your project was a huge inspiration for me and really got me fired up to find a Second Gen Nova project...unlike you, I picked one with a little too much patina! Lol
Thank you! Wow, I am flattered that I could bring you some inspiration, the car and the family are doing well. Earlier in the year we moved and now I am lucky enough to have a work shop to spread out. We have just been enjoying the old car, got the ac working this summer and put some good miles down. Thank you for commenting, hope you guys are well also.