Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Some loan "pre-quals":

#1 - You must be an expert at everything

#2 - You'll have to create a phony history

#3 - You'll have to be able to stretch a 3 hour seminar to 10

#4 - You must be an expert name dropper
There was some major #1,2, and 4 going on at Sonoma last year. After Rob's slipping bolt, camber issue, he told Rob and I that he was going to make a star style adjuster like DSE has (which is patent pending). He told us DSE wouldn't mind since he had done so much consulting for them, oh and Roush Yates, plenty of consulting for Roush Yates!

I always wondered if I should say something. There were lots of stories, (nothing on the level we're talking now) which I'm sure you've heard by now, and a few questionable things that he said to me. It seemed like you guys had a good thing going, and I figured if it was working for you, there was no need for me to be a negative nancy.

(760)480.0227

1969 Camaro - always broken GM Design winner
1965 Mustang - widebody fastback
2006 Coyote swapped "Rental Car"

Up next:
Steve's GT40
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt@BOS For This Useful Post:
DBasher (08-30-2018), FETorino (08-30-2018), GregWeld (09-01-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 PM

Don't post here often, but have been here for many years. I was active when building my car, more a lurker now living through others builds. I do not know Greg or Ron. Literally other than their posts I wouldn't know either if they walked up to me on the street.

But I will say this, how people act is usually a dead give away to their beliefs and intent.

Greg has always seemed genuine, passionate and like me, a car guy but not an expert.

Ron has always come across as an expert, some of his posts clearly show he really knows his stuff. Way beyond my comprehension. But very self promoting. I'm all for advertising and building a business, but real experts don't proclaim their expertise, they let others give them that tag. Let their actions speak for themselves (by the way not saying they don't ... it's just my perception of what I see).

It's shame when two friends fall out and it ends badly publicly, but as a business person myself, ethics and integrity are paramount to me. I doubt we will ever know the full and honest truth and there is always liability in a split from both sides. But I for one would prefer a supplier to the industry be exposed for less than ideal practices than more people get burnt.

For Ron, even if there is a lot that isn't true, or even if he feels like it isn't true. If this is the wake up call that gets his business back on track and he over delivers (as stated in an earlier post) then that's good for the industry.

There are no mistakes, only lessons.

61 Buick Lesabre Bubbletop (daily driver)......miles of smiles
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluxford For This Useful Post:
69hugger (09-02-2018), DOOM (09-03-2018), GregWeld (08-31-2018), Thumpt (09-15-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:04 AM

Like the others I am sorry things didn't work out as planned for Greg and Ron. I can only speak about my experiences. I don't know Greg and started working with Ron about 3 years ago. I have attended all of Ron's seminars and found them to be immensely beneficial to my understanding how a car handles.

I asked Ron to take a look at my old suspension setup and put the numbers through his analysis software. He came back to me and gave me the hard truth that it wouldn't work for my expectations. He did tell me that I could make significant changes to make it better, but not to the level I wanted it to be at. I elected to cut my losses and move forward with one of his suspension designs.

The build process went pretty smoothly. It was about 3 months longer than originally planned but that worked out great for me. It allowed us to finish up with the metal work before changing out the suspension. The chassis shop also did not have the time to work on the car when it was scheduled to be delivered so the delay was actually good.

The components and service have been much better than I could have hoped for. Ron has been available to answer any tech or install questions that I or the shop has had. His service before and after the sale has exceeded my expectations.

I have not completed the car so I can't give you any feedback on how it is performing but I can say the race shop that installed the setup is pretty excited to see how it performs. They are expecting strong results.

Again, I am sorry things for others have not worked out as planned. I have been on the other side where I was on the short end of the stick. In fact, I am currently working with two different manufactures of flush mount glass for my car build and have been so for well over a year. I paid one of them for 1/2 the development costs of the glass and I purchased a car for the other one (to be used for development) in exchange for the flush glass. I did this to hedge myself and feel that I may never see a product from at least on of them. Like Greg I give the benefit of the doubt to people and sometimes I regret it. I don't regret working with Ron though.

I don't post on Lateral G much but here is a link to my build threat if anyone wants to see the car.
https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ighlight=volvo
Old 09-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-05-2018, 11:10 AM

Waiting for the urinal cake pic in welds shop.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilikeike For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 11:20 AM

I literally was thinking ... I bet hes got one inside the bowl of the crapper !
Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
Waiting for the urinal cake pic in welds shop.
This would be a Sutton marketing spin........

Name:  IMG_0594.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  177.9 KB
Old 09-05-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
I literally was thinking ... I bet hes got one inside the bowl of the crapper !

Schwarz beat me to it!

Name:  Resized_20180812_160009_2300.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.0 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
DBasher (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 06:43 PM

Lmao I'm literally laughing about Swartz... and the sweating horsepower .... oh Ron c'mon back with someone else to blame this is too funny
Old 09-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Too funny.
Closed Thread