Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > The Muscle Car Place Weekly Podcast
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2023, 06:03 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default TMCP #533: JD Rudisill – Finale Speed – Super Light Carbon Fiber 1969 Camaro!

https://themusclecarplace.com/podcas...r-1969-camaro/

JD Rudisill: Finale Speed Does It Again!
Quite often, I like to check in with a former guest to see what they have been up to but that is usually after a couple years. Todays guest has managed to get back on my radar within months and has some very exciting news. I had JD Rudisill on the show in SEMA Special episode 524 talking about the Carbon Fiber 1969 Dodge Charger that was revealed at Dodge Speed Week in August 2022. This car or it’s parts are now available through any Direct Connection dealer. The bare carbon Charger body was one of the highlight cars in the Dodge booth at SEMA 2022 and when I talked to JD there I asked him if anything else was coming up and he did not give me an answer, he just gave me a knowing stare. Now, Finale Speed, just seven months later has revealed at Barrett Jackson, a 1969 Carbon Fiber Camaro that people can order and have built specially for them. During the SEMA 2022 show JD did hint that other things were coming from them in the future….but I had no idea it was already in motion!

White the car is amazing, the story of Finale Speed itself is just as impressive. In the grand scheme of things, does anyone really need a carbon fiber car? Probably not…..but that’s all the more reason to do it! For their shop, like many stories this one started at a young age with a fascination of all things wheeled and a friend that helped fuel the fire. When JD was only 15 he started working at the family used car business working on vehicles to be sold. Later on, after college, he went to work with his best friend Jason Engel. JD went off on his own and started Finale Speed to pursue his own creations. He grew this new business while building up a great team of highly skilled automotive craftsmen making the best vehicles in the category. As they built these high end cars, they started working with carbon fiber more and developed a great working relationship with Brothers Composites in Sheboygan Falls Wisconsin to also produce some of the greatest carbon fiber work seen in the custom car world.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:03 AM

Amazing!

Tags
carbon fiber. camaro, charger, rudisill