Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2014, 01:26 PM

Default NEED HELP = stolen 1973 Trans Am restoration project

I need the help of this forum, the Pontiac community & the guys who know the 70-73 F-body cars to help find our 1973 Trans Am. It was stolen at Terry Spear's shop in Columbia TN. We went there with the police to finally cut our losses with him & just get the car back but once we got there we discovered the car was gone. When questioned by the police Terry said he put it outside one day & someone must have stolen it, he didn't know anything about it (the owner of a restoration shop put a car outside then didn't know it went missing....). When the officer cross referenced the eye witnesses living across the street they never saw any red car at the shop place outside. When we asked to take the remaining parts home, Terry Spear said they were all in the car when he moved it outside & they must have been stolen too. The major parts include the following:

original #'s matching completely rebuilt 455 (carb to pan)
original 4 spd & hurst shifter
original 10 bolt
red trans am fenders
red trans am hood
red shaker scoop
red nose
rechromed rear bumper
Rally II with new BFG radial TA's 245/60-15
Dash
TA bezel & gauges
restored AC unit
all the glass

The last official picture we have of the car is by Tom Hart in June 2013 for a Pontiacs of Tennessee article. He went to Terry's shop to do an article on him & luckily snapped a pic as well as mentioned it. It can be found here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf

When questioned by the police Terry said it was just a rolling shell & there was nothing in the car but clearly you can see there was from the picture.

I have searched Craig's List & found some of his parts he posts there but so far none were from the TA. He also sells on eBay but I have not been able to find his current user name to search his history of past auctions.

We do not have much left after paying him thousands over the years to finish the car but my father & I been able to put together a small $1000 reward for any information that would bring an arrest regarding this case OR a recovery of parts over $1000. If you or anyone you know has purchased a firebird shell or parts from Terry Spear since June 2013 PLEASE contact myself of Sergeant Michael Kash of the Columbia TN Police dpt at 931-982-0299

Thank you all very very much with anything you can do!
Attached Images