Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-13-2020, 03:47 AM

What is the purpose of the double x pipe does it help the flow or does it have another function
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2020, 12:30 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

[QUOTE=Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro;706464]Thanks Marty, it’s a long time coming. I can’t believe how may flakes are out there promising all sorts of stuff, just to disappoint you and run with your money! If I didn’t love working on these cars as much as I do, I would’ve packed it in a long time ago. Either way i’m on my way there and i’m almost done. I saw you basically took you whole car apart and redid a lot of it, Lol. Thats awesome, I think you love this as much as I do.[/ QUOTE]

There are plenty of those guys out there willing to take your money. I like working with Kenny as he’s honest about his billing and does a nice job.

The original goal with my car was to build it in three / four phases. Then I got sick and we did just enough to get it a nice running driving cruise night car. We fought motor issues and after 4 years and thousands of dollars I said F-It and yanked the motor. That’s kinda when the “While Your Here” moment happened. So version 2.0 began.

Then Covid so I then decided to add version 3.0 into the build since it’s not like we can actually do anything.

And that’s how I’m where I am at and yes I had to pay to have my motor completely redone. Looking back it will be Crate Engines from GM ONLY as they come with an actual warranty.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 09-13-2020, 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=syborg tt;706487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro View Post
Thanks Marty, it’s a long time coming. I can’t believe how may flakes are out there promising all sorts of stuff, just to disappoint you and run with your money! If I didn’t love working on these cars as much as I do, I would’ve packed it in a long time ago. Either way i’m on my way there and i’m almost done. I saw you basically took you whole car apart and redid a lot of it, Lol. Thats awesome, I think you love this as much as I do.[/ QUOTE]

There are plenty of those guys out there willing to take your money. I like working with Kenny as he’s honest about his billing and does a nice job.

The original goal with my car was to build it in three / four phases. Then I got sick and we did just enough to get it a nice running driving cruise night car. We fought motor issues and after 4 years and thousands of dollars I said F-It and yanked the motor. That’s kinda when the “While Your Here” moment happened. So version 2.0 began.

Then Covid so I then decided to add version 3.0 into the build since it’s not like we can actually do anything.

And that’s how I’m where I am at and yes I had to pay to have my motor completely redone. Looking back it will be Crate Engines from GM ONLY as they come with an actual warranty.

This statement is always on my mind when I see so many nice builds & wonder is it better to get something spec built or a factory assembly via GM. While both can 'fail' (like any mechanical item), which is more apt to have an issue? My bank account doesn't cover doing it twice but the Connect & Cruise set-ups initial price tag seems to cover that possibility of doing so just for the buy-in.

Last edited by ScotI; 09-15-2020 at 09:33 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScotI For This Useful Post:
EVIL SS (09-14-2020), Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro (09-14-2020), syborg tt (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolie1980 View Post
What is the purpose of the double x pipe does it help the flow or does it have another function
Thanks

When I had the exhaust built, I left it up to my exhaust guy. I don't think it was done to get anymore performance gains. It was more him being creative and maybe trying to get a difference exhaust note.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=syborg tt;706487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro's 1969 502 Camaro View Post
Thanks Marty, it’s a long time coming. I can’t believe how may flakes are out there promising all sorts of stuff, just to disappoint you and run with your money! If I didn’t love working on these cars as much as I do, I would’ve packed it in a long time ago. Either way i’m on my way there and i’m almost done. I saw you basically took you whole car apart and redid a lot of it, Lol. Thats awesome, I think you love this as much as I do.[/ QUOTE]

Thats funny, I had to redo a bunch of stuff on my motor too. I originally bought my motor from Frank Serafine. He did a cam swap for me. Before putting the motor in the car I had it broken in on the dyno at an engine shop I deal with. I was mostly worried about how long it sat in my garage. As soon as it started up something went wrong, it was a while ago but I think a pushrod bent and something about oil pressure was way to high. Either way it was a brand new motor and it went from a simple break-in to a bunch of new parts. Lol

Either way, your car is looking awesome, and I’m sure when your done it’ll be that much better too. I think as long as we’re enjoying ourselves its worth it. If we can afford to do it and not go into debt, all good! The whole sourcing of parts and engineering of these cars is so rewarding. I’m hooked 😁
syborg tt (09-21-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 12:22 PM

Looking Forward to seeing this car around town!!! Nice work!!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:52 AM

great build glad your getting near the end - we will need a sound clip if the exhaust- a work of art!
90 Formula / Firehawk clone
1999 Firehawk
1969 Chevelle SS 396
Old 09-17-2020, 09:40 AM

Very nice!

My 68 Torino
Old 09-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Awesome

My Build Thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53320
Old 09-21-2020, 07:42 PM