Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-10-2013, 01:08 AM

Default Ultimate Street Car Association (USCA)

For those not at SEMA/OUSCI or on Facebook, here is some interesting news that was released in the past couple days.

Some info that is out there so far...

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/USCA.pdf

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?...are-and-arent/

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/

------------------------------
(the following is a post by Jimi Day on another forum)

Full roll cages and harnesses will be encouraged, but will not be required to attend and have fun in these events. Safety is our primary concern, but we also understand this is a street car series and cages and harnesses are not always practical. As well, the series is for all makes, models and years of real street cars. Participants are not required to participate in the points series and there will be more than one way to earn a spot in the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car invitational.

We are still ironing out the rules and points systems, but rest assured that each event will be safe, organized and fun and will offer a bucket-list experience for street car owners of all skill levels at a competitive price.

We have 10 USCA events, ASCS will have at least five events and GoodGuys will have almost 20 Autocross events across the country. There will be something for everyone. The street car performance marketplace is a viable and robust market, and all of these series and events will serve to bring more attention to our hobby. The combination of all these events provides an experience for every year make and model of street car and we support them all.

Jimi Day
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-10-2013, 01:36 AM

going big time now. way to go FM3.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 11-10-2013, 06:56 AM

I saw this yesterday, very cool. Should be interesting to see how they keep it fair between the street cars and race cars that look like street cars.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

DG, thanks for posting the additional info. This is sweet! I can't wait to run my car on Laguna Seca!

Designing a '65 Chevelle with a StreetFighter theme, inspired by JP's II Much & Ron Schwarz's $5k Mustang
Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 PM

I hope this takes off, it was nice to see Portland International Raceway on the schedule even though it's not the best of tracks it a track and only 105 miles from us loaners in the Pacific Northwe(s)t!

Pressures on Daletx to qualify now!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
For those not at SEMA/OUSCI or on Facebook, here is some interesting news that was released in the past couple days.

Some info that is out there so far...

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/USCA.pdf

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?...are-and-arent/

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/

------------------------------
(the following is a post by Jimi Day on another forum)

Full roll cages and harnesses will be encouraged, but will not be required to attend and have fun in these events. Safety is our primary concern, but we also understand this is a street car series and cages and harnesses are not always practical. As well, the series is for all makes, models and years of real street cars. Participants are not required to participate in the points series and there will be more than one way to earn a spot in the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car invitational.

We are still ironing out the rules and points systems, but rest assured that each event will be safe, organized and fun and will offer a bucket-list experience for street car owners of all skill levels at a competitive price.

We have 10 USCA events, ASCS will have at least five events and GoodGuys will have almost 20 Autocross events across the country. There will be something for everyone. The street car performance marketplace is a viable and robust market, and all of these series and events will serve to bring more attention to our hobby. The combination of all these events provides an experience for every year make and model of street car and we support them all.

Jimi Day
Dave, Thanks for posting the details on the new USCA series... sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I hope this takes off, it was nice to see Portland International Raceway on the schedule even though it's not the best of tracks it a track and only 105 miles from us loaners in the Pacific Northwe(s)t!

Pressures on Daletx to qualify now!
I'll be there at PIR for sure... thinking about doing one event in California too. Glad to see a series that includes an event in the northwest.

You've got plenty of time to get Norwood ready

69 Camaro-Nutter Racing Engines/427CI LS2 sleeved/LS7 CNC ported heads/Custom cam/T&D 1.8 rockers/Manley crank/Manley H-beam rods/Weisco pistons/NRC Pro Series dry sump/Kooks/NA,92 octane,11.5:1- 672HP @ 6,900RPM, 566TQ @ 5,500RPM
Build Thread- http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...ine-build.html
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleTx View Post
You've got plenty of time to get Norwood ready
One out of three components ain't bad!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 AM

Event at Texas Motor Speedway. Its the only event within reach for me and just happens to be 4 miles away. LOL

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon
Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

I'm looking forward to doing the 2 Florida Events (Daytona & Sebring). It's really cool that they are combining the Weekends with ChumpCar to keep the Track Rental Costs down. So I'll get to drive ChumpCar & do the USCA!

T.C.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
One out of three components ain't bad!
Sieg... wouldn't it be fun to get your car out there and give it a shot, You've got the goods...I've seen your car. What are the three components you are referring to?

I was just checking out the USCA website to find out more detail on this new series and it sounds like it would be a fun 3 day weekend event (even if your not running the series). It will be fun to try autocross and the speed-stop. I'm just going to do it for fun and hang out with other car guys for the weekend.

The five events for judging are:

1. Design & Engineering
2. Road Rally
3. Speed-Stop
4. Autocross
5. Road course

Looking forward to trying out an autocross course and speed-stop. I'll keep working on it to get you out there.

69 Camaro-Nutter Racing Engines/427CI LS2 sleeved/LS7 CNC ported heads/Custom cam/T&D 1.8 rockers/Manley crank/Manley H-beam rods/Weisco pistons/NRC Pro Series dry sump/Kooks/NA,92 octane,11.5:1- 672HP @ 6,900RPM, 566TQ @ 5,500RPM
Build Thread- http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...ine-build.html