Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM

I wany some specs on this one myself!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellyv
looks like I'm late to the party It's a 69 gmc kinda, shortened 67 chev hood, shaved drip rails, power sunroof, caddy taillights, home made roll pan, etc, carbed ls6 580hp 700r4, we did everything at my shop except the seats. violettoautoworks.com

Old 02-11-2008, 04:49 PM

sorry for the crapy photos of my wifes but its all i have

67 blown 505ci ,hilborn injection , snake skin inside , bags , 15x15 and 15x4 anti-touring
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Don't own it (yet), but if all goes to plan, I will hopefully soon be the proud owner of a 1985 Toyota Hilux 4x4 in the near future

Old 02-11-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW32
Nice truck! What motor mounts did you use? Did you make custom headers?

David
thanks guys it took forever to build, I sold it a couple of months ago I'll try to dig up some more pics, I used a plate (couple of companies make them) I got mine from weger automotive research in Markesan, WI. that relocates the ls motor mount to where a standard sbc would go then used a stock sbc mount and made my own pedistal style bracket that welded to the cross member. The headers were custom made by wegners they had a set they used on their dyno and didnt have time to make some so I shortend them and they worked fine I'm sure they could make you a set or speedway motors sell a shorty header for the ls I think would work. wegners has basically everthing you need for the ls motor, they made the first carb intake for them there the one's gm sells in the performance book and also make all the distributer front drives, yes you can put a distributer and a normal fuel pump on these, they also make front dress serpentine systems that are killer dse sells them. If you need any parts or have any ? feel free to ask, pm me and I'll get you wegners # there all in daytona but will be back after the race.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd
sorry for the crapy photos of my wifes but its all i have

67 blown 505ci ,hilborn injection , snake skin inside , bags , 15x15 and 15x4 anti-touring
Beautiful! Do you have any pics that can be enlarged?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellyv
thanks guys it took forever to build, I sold it a couple of months ago I'll try to dig up some more pics, I used a plate (couple of companies make them) I got mine from weger automotive research in Markesan, WI. that relocates the ls motor mount to where a standard sbc would go then used a stock sbc mount and made my own pedistal style bracket that welded to the cross member. The headers were custom made by wegners they had a set they used on their dyno and didnt have time to make some so I shortend them and they worked fine I'm sure they could make you a set or speedway motors sell a shorty header for the ls I think would work. wegners has basically everthing you need for the ls motor, they made the first carb intake for them there the one's gm sells in the performance book and also make all the distributer front drives, yes you can put a distributer and a normal fuel pump on these, they also make front dress serpentine systems that are killer dse sells them. If you need any parts or have any ? feel free to ask, pm me and I'll get you wegners # there all in daytona but will be back after the race.
Thanks for the reply. What trans did you go with?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW32
Thanks for the reply. What trans did you go with?
700r4 bad choice up here in central wi nobody could make it shift right, somebody makes a flexplate that lets you put any older style tranny behind the ls, 700r4, turbo 350 & 400 etc not sure where I got it from. I would do a 4l60e or 4l80e if I put an auto behind one of these again.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:03 PM

just joined, and here is as far as ive gotten on this..
its my daily so its hard to take off the road for major updates.... but this summer i have lots planned for it

Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 AM

My daily driver for 80 miles a day. Bought it stock and did everything in my driveway from suspension to paint. Was a lot more fun to own before I had a long daily commute, now I just feel bad about piling miles onto it

and because its fun to seeing it go down the road

Last edited by MtotheIKEo; 04-07-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
LT1

Where can I find hood hinges to make my hood open like yours?

Mick