Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.samaritan View Post
Thanks guys,

The wheels are NewGen Anarchy's and tires are Nitto 555's

fronts are 18x8 with 4.75 BS 245/45/R18

rears are 18x10 with 5.75 BS 285/40/R18

The quality and fitment are fine, it was the process that really started to piss me off. For the very marginal difference in price I would have rather done business with a professional.

I had to trim my fender lips a little, as well as remove the wheel well trim. That pic is the day I got the wheels, I have since dropped the stance a little on both the fronts and rears. I may need to do a little more trimming to get the stance any lower in the rear.
I did notice in the pics that the tire sat a little bit close to the quarter panel's lip, but wasn't sure. Thought it might have been the lighting in the pic. Anyway, it looks fine. No complaints here from a fellow Chevelle'er.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I did notice in the pics that the tire sat a little bit close to the quarter panel's lip, but wasn't sure. Thought it might have been the lighting in the pic. Anyway, it looks fine. No complaints here from a fellow Chevelle'er.
Thanks! I've cruised through your build thread a couple of times myself, I love your combo...can't wait to go LS myself!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.samaritan View Post
Thanks! I've cruised through your build thread a couple of times myself, I love your combo...can't wait to go LS myself!
Thanks bro! Hopefully I'll have it on the road by this time next year. Got my fingers crossed.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM

your fronts are about the same height as mine, but the edge sits about 1/4" further in (my 9.5x6 bs vs your 8x4.75 bs). im going to have to cut the heck out of the front inners to get them to fit. i thought i would have to do the engine sides, but they have a ton of room. its the outside towards the fender that wont work. i have about 1" of travel before they smack the inners, and thats with the wheels straight. a little cutting a welding should give me 2.5". we'll see.
Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels ; Kore3 ; SC&C
Build Thread : https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=widowmaker
Old 06-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
your fronts are about the same height as mine, but the edge sits about 1/4" further in (my 9.5x6 bs vs your 8x4.75 bs). im going to have to cut the heck out of the front inners to get them to fit. i thought i would have to do the engine sides, but they have a ton of room. its the outside towards the fender that wont work. i have about 1" of travel before they smack the inners, and thats with the wheels straight. a little cutting a welding should give me 2.5". we'll see.
The old Rally setup that was on here was horrible in every way. The fronts rubbed and the rears rubbed constantly until I put those air raid air bags in the rear coils and put a few psi in them.

The new setup the fronts are great, no issues and I dialed down the coil overs quite a bit. The rears have been the pain, lots of trim and trial fit. I think I finally got them cut to where they need to be. I'm glad I had to though in the end because there were some suprises hiding under the wheel well trim. I'm going to have to look into getting both the rears cleaned up and repainted in a couple of spots.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 AM

The car sits nice, I like what you're doing . I will be following your build from now on as I too have a 70 chevelle. Any chance you could snap a few more pictures from the side so I can see both wheels at different angles? I'm trying to pick out wheel size and I was thinking about going 18's all the way around like you have.

1970 chevelle, 383/turbocharged/carb'd/5 speed.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:02 PM

Thanks Dug, I have it on stands at the moment while I fix some small stuff, as soon as I am done I'll pull it out and take some pics for ya.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 PM

awesome, thanks a bunch.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:23 PM

Something strange happened today Dug, the sun came out in Western Washington. Here are some pics for you, ride height still needs to be adjusted some.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM

hahahaha nice! damn looking sharp Ride height? whats wrong with how it is? I think it looks great. Thank you so much for taking the pictures. I think that sealed the deal to run 18's.