Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
And for laughs —— we stayed at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills for a recent trip to LA for furniture shopping.... and Marilyn was out at the entrance.... and well.... being the teenage brained 65 year old that I am.... this pic says it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Were you looking to see if her undercarriage is better than the sauced stangs'?
The Following User Says Thank You to raustinss For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I'm thinking if he did this to you Greg....a friend, I'd hate to think what he'd have done to one of us guys he doesn't even know. The funny part is, I bet ol Ron is reading all of this wondering how did he ever get himself in this mess and how his plan was foiled and didn't work.

I came on here - hung my head - barred my soul... in an attempt to save anyone else from being involved with the bozo.... Because exactly as you say — we “were” friends.... Sadly — there were many whom got involved and got burned just on a more “fractional” basis... but to me - the result for many was even more devastating! I can afford to fix my mess... I’ve had lots of messes... most self inflicted!

I never in my wildest imagination would have thought he - of all people - would have faired so poorly. Never. But once I started to hear others tales of woe... then it all became clear and the puzzle fell in to place.

For some folks — it (his BS) not only wrecked their project - it wrecked their hopes and dreams and desires....

Funny — I’ve since exchanged emails with him — and he still deflects.... and casts blame... and can’t understand why I could “ruin his business”. I will stand by my statement — I didn’t ruin his business... HE DID... he just refuses to understand what he’s done.

I particularly love the part (email exchanges) where he says he wouldn’t let Kurt Urban build a lawnmower engine for him.... REALLY?? If you go back prior to him (Sutton) being called out — it was ALL about how good Kurt Urban was! LOL

The fact that the motor is ruined IS NOT and never was the fault of anyone other than him (Sutton) failing to even get the very basics of car building.... things need to be tuned correctly — they need to be cooled correctly — they need to be plumbed and wired correctly.... you can’t fail to do those basics and then blame the engine builder — or the pump builder — or the radiator manufacturer..... yet that’s what he is still trying to do.

F him —- and the horse he rode in on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
214Chevy (01-10-2019), CJD Automotive (01-10-2019), DBasher (01-08-2019), gofastwclass (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
A couple photos of the new stuff going in.....

Rear end coolers with some ducting....

Are these being fed from the quarter windows?
Old 01-08-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
Were you looking to see if her undercarriage is better than the sauced stangs'?

Actually the chassis ain’t bad.... but anything that goes roundy round - pumps fluid - holds fluid - transfers energy or forward motion.... different story.

Oh! Similar to what I saw with the plastic replica.... was nothing but a tease.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Are these being fed from the quarter windows?
I think so Dan.... but not sure whether that’s the exact location or not yet but I think so.

What they won’t be — is hung off the quarter window with a couple screws like the NACA duct that “they” (Sutton and idiots) attached = mostly hanging out in thin air waiting to be broken off...
Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 PM

Urban is one of the most highly respected builders in the country. Your in good hands there, as you well know. As you already said Greg, the finest, most technically advanced race engine on earth won’t survive if it’s not set up with the correct ancillary systems.
I’m good friends with Ken Roper (KRC). That’s a local business to me and he has an incredible rags to riches story. Absolutely great family! He once owned a business that sold Race parts out of a cube van. (FastLane) He eventually found a metal building to sell race parts out of, and I used to spend 60% of my paycheck as a single guy, building hot rods there. He started tinkering with power steering pumps, and the rest is history.
Great to hear and see progress pics Greg on the Missle. Hang in there my friend, spring is coming fast and you’ll be putting down laps in this thing before you know it. Hope 2019 is your best year yet!!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Che70velle For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (01-08-2019), GregWeld (01-10-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Urban is one of the most highly respected builders in the country. Your in good hands there, as you well know. As you already said Greg, the finest, most technically advanced race engine on earth won’t survive if it’s not set up with the correct ancillary systems.
I’m good friends with Ken Roper (KRC). That’s a local business to me and he has an incredible rags to riches story. Absolutely great family! He once owned a business that sold Race parts out of a cube van. (FastLane) He eventually found a metal building to sell race parts out of, and I used to spend 60% of my paycheck as a single guy, building hot rods there. He started tinkering with power steering pumps, and the rest is history.
Great to hear and see progress pics Greg on the Missle. Hang in there my friend, spring is coming fast and you’ll be putting down laps in this thing before you know it. Hope 2019 is your best year yet!!

Thanks Scott!!

Great story on Ken BTW!! Love that stuff!!

You can stop by and make sure my pump is being rebuilt..... LOL

I’m hoping my January 31st CT scan has some ‘positive’ news.... and that your prediction of 2019 comes true! I would LOVE nothing more than to be able to get some laps in on the car...... I would have loved it even more if Sutton was there with me and reaping the benefits (business wise) of having built a great product and people were lined up to order their version... but that’s water under the bridge.

Cheers buddy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (01-08-2019), gofastwclass (01-09-2019), kwhizz (01-09-2019), SSLance (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:40 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

you said that the motor was sent to Scoggin-Dickey for a rebuild and then listed what was going to be replaced. It sounded like Everything - anything left over besides Paper Weights?
Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
you said that the motor was sent to Scoggin-Dickey for a rebuild and then listed what was going to be replaced. It sounded like Everything - anything left over besides Paper Weights?
As Tim McGilton described it —- “My V8 boat anchor”.......
Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
As Tim McGilton described it —- “My V8 boat anchor”.......

Almost sounds like when you lose a Top Fuel engine... you get lots of really small souvenirs and couple bits of wall art.
BMR Sales (01-10-2019), GregWeld (01-09-2019)