Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2019, 03:14 PM

You know the crazy part, well one of them, is when you guys were at T-Hill. I was texting with Aaron on how it was going, and he said it was puking oil out of the tank breather. I suggested checking the tank cap, assuming an air leak, because that's normally what makes them puke. Never in a million years would I have guessed they plumbed in a PCV, putting a HUGE air leak in the system. That's dry sump 101.

Please keep showing everyone how the self proclaimed master of all things race car, screwed up even the simplest of task.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."
The Following User Says Thank You to CJD Automotive For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD Automotive View Post
You know the crazy part, well one of them, is when you guys were at T-Hill. I was texting with Aaron on how it was going, and he said it was puking oil out of the tank breather. I suggested checking the tank cap, assuming an air leak, because that's normally what makes them puke. Never in a million years would I have guessed they plumbed in a PCV, putting a HUGE air leak in the system. That's dry sump 101.

Please keep showing everyone how the self proclaimed master of all things race car, screwed up even the simplest of task.

Yeah Craig — I have to say the more we get in to the car - the worse it gets..... There simply isn’t a single system that was done right. No coolers on anything... motor burnt up - wiring burnt up.... Dry sump is on so you DO NOT suffer oil starvation.... but then, that’s assuming you know how to plumb one.

MISTER “I’ve built 200 race cars....”

HA! What a joke that S.O.B is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (01-11-2019), kwhizz (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
MISTER “I’ve built 200 race cars....”

HA! What a joke that S.O.B is.
Let's cut him some slack, he may actually have built over 200 race cars...

...he just sniffed too much glue while building them.

Reading this thread and the original build thread just makes me shake my head in disbelief. I *almost* drank the "secret sauce" kool aid over a year ago and was about to order a floater rear end from Ron but got an odd feeling at the last minute and ordered a currie instead. I've already used all my luck with Frank at Prodigy... I was one of the lucky ones who actually received all my parts from him before that house of cards collapsed.

I feel really bad for Greg and everyone else who was taken for a ride.

Looking forward to the testing of the rebuilt car!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Blown353 For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 11:41 PM

To this day I'm still amazed at everything that went down. And I'm just a long distance bystander.

I look forward to the day you get to take the first lap in v2.0.

Somewhere my free RSRT sema shirt is on the shelf at a goodwill store. I hope the poor bastard that gets it doesn't get cursed.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors
The Following User Says Thank You to BonzoHansen For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I just love Greg's straight forward analysis of what happened during his build.... Usually everyone is afraid to really call out and explain the B.S. they got and "PAID" for.....

Ken
The Following User Says Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
I just love Greg's straight forward analysis of what happened during his build.... Usually everyone is afraid to really call out and explain the B.S. they got and "PAID" for.....

Ken
So true!!!

Last edited by gofastwclass; 01-11-2019 at 06:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gofastwclass For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 AM

Default Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I would have loved it even more if Sutton was there with me and reaping the benefits (business wise) of having built a great product and people were lined up to order their version... but that’s water under the bridge.
Karma is what it is... but Greg continues to be one of the good guys!

One of best OG's on here IMHO who's been "calling it as it is" and as he sees it since day one! (...should have listened closer...)

Here's to a great CT scan and an amazing 2019 for you buddy!!!
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
The Following User Says Thank You to OLDFLM For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:46 AM

I really feel for ya, spending your hard earned money and getting a product that was substandard & below expectations. Man you guys with the high end builds can't seem to get a break.....which reminds me a another high end Camaro build that I've read which had a litany of problems.

I'm a small potatoes guy in the big picture Lat-G scene but decided to reach out to Ron after reading a' Brake sizing and selection tutorial' informative article on braking over at PT.com, Tobin also had some input.
Contacted him, he returned my email 16 days later. I thought it was a little excessive, I understand people lead busy lives but c'mon.
Excerpt of email response:
Sorry for the crazy long delay. Just a heads up that I have been & still am swamped with projects right now for SEMA ... then I'll be gone to Las Vegas for 10 days before & during SEMA ... doing my Suspension Workshop there, launching a new line of brakes in conjunction with StopTech, then displaying at the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational the weekend after SEMA.

I'll be back in the office Wednesday, Nov 9th following up on calls & emails first, then getting back to my client projects including yours. So if you try to contact me between now & then, don't be frustrated I don't answer. I'll be the guy running 200 mph with his hair on fire. LOL

Call me the week after SEMA & let's go over the details of what you have in mind.

Until then, take care !

After this response I decided to deal with Tobin and haven't looked back.
Seems he bit off more than he could chew, I've been running my own business for 32 years and decided to stay smaller for my own sanity, family, quality of life yet give my customers a level of customer service that they expect and I give without compromising future new customers & referrals because a unhappy customer will certainly tell a hell of a lot more people than a happy one.
I really hope everything gets straightened out & in the end the final product exceeds your expectations and vision, plus we want you to post up another track video!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F'in mine For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (01-13-2019), GregWeld (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 10:40 AM

That reminds me of a time management problem. "Man, I'm so busy" Busy doing what?

We've all heard that line so many times. Guess what, if you are that damn busy something is wrong. You either don't have your priorities straight, you have poor systems, or you need to hire help. There is always the choice to say NO. I know I'm speaking Greek here. ha

It's a big RED FLAG when people are too busy.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:46 AM

Forgot to mention that my correspondences were from 2016.