...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #571  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:03 PM
GregWeld's Avatar
GregWeld GregWeld is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AriDzona
Posts: 20,363
Thanks: 285
Thanked 474 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McMahon View Post
“Moose head for the win”. Come on now, let’s keep this thread serious. Rolling Rock FTW
I guess that's a problem for a guy that's been an AA member since he's 31 (now 65). The boys on the bus (NYC 4th of July crew) always drank Rolling Rock and refused any other type. I stand corrected!
__________________
'70 Mustang w/6" junk body - Tube chassis - 707hp LS7 oil pump - PPG 6 speed sequential trans - big aero - big tires.... Worst pile of crap and even worse looking, turd in the fleet. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56209 CHECK IT OUT! Have puke bucket ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwPCd1Io3CI&t=9s And yes she could be a runner...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHku2sKqQBc&t=353s
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:10 PM
GregWeld's Avatar
GregWeld GregWeld is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AriDzona
Posts: 20,363
Thanks: 285
Thanked 474 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
That's good to hear! It's just a pile of bolts in the grand scheme...

Make the best of it my friend!

I've said that about many many projects --- They can all be fixed. I'm in a bit of a hurry... perhaps... and all know why. Makes all of this all the more painful. I've got plenty of skills plenty of money plenty of friends willing to jump in and help....

The car is in Cali --- my friends are all over the world.... it takes TIME to make sh!t happen.... and then it's WINTER..... and perhaps a season thrown away. For me --- winter --- skipping possible dates --- fussing with fixes --- is all a giant drain on my energy and at any moment -- that hour glass can be empty and there's not a dang thing I can do about it.

In the meantime --- I'm working on fixes and who's going to do what..... it ain't over til the fat man drives this POS and it all works as advertised.
__________________
'70 Mustang w/6" junk body - Tube chassis - 707hp LS7 oil pump - PPG 6 speed sequential trans - big aero - big tires.... Worst pile of crap and even worse looking, turd in the fleet. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56209 CHECK IT OUT! Have puke bucket ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwPCd1Io3CI&t=9s And yes she could be a runner...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHku2sKqQBc&t=353s
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Rmt's Avatar
Rmt Rmt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 27
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
MAYBE....... but I'm hearing from people that know more and have had nothing but issues with this particular design.....

In the meantime --- I'm working on fixes and who's going to do what..... it ain't over til the fat man drives this POS and it all works as advertised.
Hopefully you'll continue to update this thread, as solutions are reached for the various issues.
e.g., I got a Peterson dirt late model oil tank, to try to deal with the projected venting problem: http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/drys...ecial-DLM.html

This thread is a goldmine of information for the rest of us with trackwarrior projects.
__________________
REO Speedwarrior thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=50854
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rmt For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (08-09-2018)
  #574  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:05 PM
GregWeld's Avatar
GregWeld GregWeld is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AriDzona
Posts: 20,363
Thanks: 285
Thanked 474 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmt View Post
Hopefully you'll continue to update this thread, as solutions are reached for the various issues.
e.g., I got a Peterson dirt late model oil tank, to try to deal with the projected venting problem: http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/drys...ecial-DLM.html

This thread is a goldmine of information for the rest of us with trackwarrior projects.


I will for sure my friend! You know -- I've got nothing else to do but blab with my friends all day --- and we'll learn together -- what I know - you'll all know. It's how roll. LOL I'm not the wizard behind the curtain -- I'm like the dumb tin man and the heartless lion.... and we're going to take care of this in the end
__________________
'70 Mustang w/6" junk body - Tube chassis - 707hp LS7 oil pump - PPG 6 speed sequential trans - big aero - big tires.... Worst pile of crap and even worse looking, turd in the fleet. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56209 CHECK IT OUT! Have puke bucket ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwPCd1Io3CI&t=9s And yes she could be a runner...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHku2sKqQBc&t=353s
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:50 PM
preston preston is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
>MAYBE....... but I'm hearing from people that know more and have had nothing but issues with this particular design.
Curious about this. I learned more practical knowledge reading Ron's threads on here in 1 week than I learned in 15 years of reading books/internet and building myself.

So I drank the kool-aid hard. But I had a reasonably positive experience with Ron Fall 2016. I ordered a suspension design workup. He told me up front it would take a while so I waited and he did deliver after a few months, and then I had some changes and he did an update for me fairly quickly. This was a workup using his basic philosophy but somewhat constrained as I was adapting it to an existing chassis. When I could get him on the phone he was very very helpful. And every part I ordered showed up fairly quickly, although I didn't order anything too exotic or custom (I built or sourced those myself because I am impatient and experienced). So overall It was somewhat positive, but after 20 years at this hobby I'm also very attuned to certain subtle and not so subtle red flags, so I was glad I wasn't too dependent on him.

The car drove better than ever when I was done but I 've been burnt out for some time and I sold it before it saw serious track time (I need to write that thread).

However I still feel like his suspension design and philosophy make total sense so I'm very curious if others dont' feel the same way. Dusold certainly seems to have had success with his design.
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:58 PM
GregWeld's Avatar
GregWeld GregWeld is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AriDzona
Posts: 20,363
Thanks: 285
Thanked 474 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Curious about this. I learned more practical knowledge reading Ron's threads on here in 1 week than I learned in 15 years of reading books/internet and building myself.

So I drank the kool-aid hard. But I had a reasonably positive experience with Ron Fall 2016. I ordered a suspension design workup. He told me up front it would take a while so I waited and he did deliver after a few months, and then I had some changes and he did an update for me fairly quickly. This was a workup using his basic philosophy but somewhat constrained as I was adapting it to an existing chassis. When I could get him on the phone he was very very helpful. And every part I ordered showed up fairly quickly, although I didn't order anything too exotic or custom (I built or sourced those myself because I am impatient and experienced). So overall It was somewhat positive, but after 20 years at this hobby I'm also very attuned to certain subtle and not so subtle red flags, so I was glad I wasn't too dependent on him.

The car drove better than ever when I was done but I 've been burnt out for some time and I sold it before it saw serious track time (I need to write that thread).

However I still feel like his suspension design and philosophy make total sense so I'm very curious if others dont' feel the same way. Dusold certainly seems to have had success with his design.


NO --- MIKE DID EVERYTHING OVER AFTER TWO COMPLETE FAILURES.... I've been texting and on the phone with Mike just today over it. We're also cancer buddies..... He has nothing "Sutton" on his car. When he said he would tell about it -- Sutton threatened to sue him. So they agreed to go their separate ways.

ME -- I say HEY SUTTON -- you know where I am --- SUE ME ASSWIPE..... I'll own your house!
__________________
'70 Mustang w/6" junk body - Tube chassis - 707hp LS7 oil pump - PPG 6 speed sequential trans - big aero - big tires.... Worst pile of crap and even worse looking, turd in the fleet. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56209 CHECK IT OUT! Have puke bucket ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwPCd1Io3CI&t=9s And yes she could be a runner...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHku2sKqQBc&t=353s
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 08-09-2018, 05:18 PM
GregWeld's Avatar
GregWeld GregWeld is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AriDzona
Posts: 20,363
Thanks: 285
Thanked 474 Times in 200 Posts
Default

In fairness to GOOD SUPPLIERS --- Sutton designed some pretty cool stuff --- and people like SpeedTech and others have had great success with it -- but they build, and design, and test their stuff!!

I'm only taking issue with RON SUTTON RACE TECHNOLOGIES as a supplier and answer man. And only AFTER so many people shared their stories did I decide to go public.

If you want a bad ass high tech sub ---- The SpeedTech stuff seems to be absolutely outstanding. I wish now I'd insisted THEY build my car. I can assure you I would have been a very happy man right now. I should have stood my ground when I had the chance.
__________________
'70 Mustang w/6" junk body - Tube chassis - 707hp LS7 oil pump - PPG 6 speed sequential trans - big aero - big tires.... Worst pile of crap and even worse looking, turd in the fleet. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56209 CHECK IT OUT! Have puke bucket ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwPCd1Io3CI&t=9s And yes she could be a runner...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHku2sKqQBc&t=353s
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 08-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Blake Foster's Avatar
Blake Foster Blake Foster is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St George Utah
Posts: 2,457
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Thank you Greg

I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now. we all know how long these can take to be completed.
This whole thing is sad
If any one has any questions about that subject i will do my best to answer them as fully as I Can.
__________________
Blake Foster
www.speedtechperformance.com
Speedtech also does installs and full builds in
St George Utah
435-628-4300
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Rmt's Avatar
Rmt Rmt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Thanks: 27
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
NO --- MIKE DID EVERYTHING OVER AFTER TWO COMPLETE FAILURES....
What failed on Mikes design?

The suspension did work great on your beast, yes?


Full disclosure:
I purchased a “Full Frame, Suspension & Cage Design Package + TRS & Brakes”,
on 4-30-2014.
I have experienced poor communication at times,
Wrong (non fitting) parts, and long delays.
But—
Ron has always been up-front about being slow on reply’s and deliveries,
aways came up with solutions as problems came up,
and made good on issues with parts.
Yes, it’s taken a long time,
To the point I lost interest in the project for some time.
I still feel Ron’s knowledge, and ability to produce a great handling chassis, out of the box, to be a great value (for me).

But my situation is very different,
I have far more time than money.
I just paid for a design (and expected a few bugs),
not a turn-key product, within a guaranteed time-frame.
__________________
REO Speedwarrior thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=50854
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:55 PM
jarhead's Avatar
jarhead jarhead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado, in a van down by the river
Posts: 902
Thanks: 91
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Foster View Post
Thank you Greg

I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now. we all know how long these can take to be completed.
This whole thing is sad
If any one has any questions about that subject i will do my best to answer them as fully as I Can.
I've been working with Jay on a torque arm for my Torino since maybe March. In fact I think he figured out the hard part, I just sent pictures and measurements. He has everything under control, I am not concerned...

I am still a customer for this system even though I have only put a down payment on it. My health degraded this year, daughter is getting married in a few days, allot of things have changed in my life.

Count me in on believing on your business and products. Nothing in the thread would sway me, and I am pretty sure none of it's intended too.

Hopefully I will be fulfilling the order in January (when I retire) and am healthy again. I've been keeping Jay updated.

I am really looking forward to the purchase, and there are allot of people in the Torino community waiting to see it installed. Well maybe not FE Rob so much since he has the RS stuff, but I know he's rooting for me. Someone has to finish a Torino on here

EDIT:
By the way of all the rear suspension vendors not one has followed through to help me until I spoke to Jay W.
Not a single vendor was interested in helping me with a custom torque arm. I talked to them all, not kidding.
That speaks volumes to your company and it's dedication to the community. I have spoke to them all and was ready to just get some shi### leaf springs and move on with my project.
Thanks,
Joe T. from Fort Collins, CO
__________________
joe
Semper Fi

Last edited by jarhead; 08-09-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: add text
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net