Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-12-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
To me it looks very similar to all the other same era MuscleCar body styles (from the side view at least) like the GTO, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, LeMans, Cutlass, etc. I really like the tail end of it more than the others. The trunk’s shape, bumper, and tail lights just look so cool to me. I also like the fact that it isn’t a common car being built. I wish all badges were completely shaved just to keep other’s guessing what it is lol! Now I know resale value won’t be anything like a ‘69 Camaro or ‘65-‘70 Fastback, but I’m not getting into it to buy and sell either. I know I’ll take the hit when it comes to that, but as for now I do plan on just enjoying it for the long while. I’m sure we can negotiate a little bit on the price, but considering all the work done and parts involved, wouldn’t you say this is a very good deal?
Yes, for the work involved this is a good buy. The car is nice for sure. As long as resale ian't too much of a concern then yes, this car has great potential for sure as long as you like it. In the end isn't that all that really matters anyway?!?!

Listen, I built a Ford Maverick, so I get liking different body styles and wanting to stray from the norm. As long as the car checks all the boxes for you then this should be "the one"!

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
The Following User Says Thank You to Boss 5.0 For This Useful Post:
STREETFIGHTER50 (05-30-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 02:40 PM

Well we finally drove out there and picked her up! Got stuck in quite a bit of traffic in a few spots. Took us 14 hours with a couple of rest stops, gas, and food. Before test driving we inspected thoroughly underneath while she was on the lift. Everything is new. It’s basically a better than brand new upgraded Skylark. Only 460 miles on the clock so I didn’t get into it very hard. Drives and sounds really nice! The owner/builder was super cool too. Gave me some extra misc. parts, car cover, dusters, chemicals, and a 4” thick binder with all the paperwork/receipts that went into the car. Told me “Do me a favor. Don’t ever add everything up in this binder and tell me the amount. I don’t ever wanna know!” LMAO!
After checking out a few cars, being patient, and talking to the owner for the last 3 months with tons of questions. I’m really happy with my first old school purchase. I feel like I really got a lot of car for my money...
It was hella funny driving home. Every gas station was a conversation. Got a bunch of “Is that a Chevelle?” One thought “GTO?” Haha love it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STREETFIGHTER50 For This Useful Post:
jarhead (07-24-2019), Roscoe03 (07-25-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Awesome car story! I'm glad you stuck to the car that spoke to you! All the vehicles I've had have always been a little different than my friends cars... and I'm very happy about that!

Jeff-
STREETFIGHTER50 (07-24-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:10 PM

Exactly how I feel, ain’t nothing wrong with being a little different. Still very similar I guess to the untrained eyes like them folks at the gas stations lol! Here’s a few more pics I snapped up while we were there checking her out.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:45 PM

Goodbye Washington!

Finally home! Damn that was a long ass drive with hardly any sleep! Well worth it IMO

Old 07-30-2019, 03:23 PM

The boys over at v8buick.com would drool all over that thing !!

61 Buick Lesabre Bubbletop (daily driver)......miles of smiles

Last edited by cluxford; 07-30-2019 at 03:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cluxford For This Useful Post:
STREETFIGHTER50 (07-31-2019)