Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2020, 11:09 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Issues with Hydratech Hydroboost / Baer Remaster

So I started the process of bleeding my brake system yesterday and after hours of not getting anywhere I discovered that the back of my Baer Remaster is leaking fluid. In addition to this, with the pedal fully released (no brake engagement) fluid will come out of the proportioning valve. Looking for some advice from you guys as I am about ready to pull my hair out at this point. A few questions below:

Keep in mind this is a completely new system with all new parts and components.

1.) What could cause the rear of the MC to leak. I pulled it back out of the car, removed the cylinder out of the MC and the seals appear to be fine. I plan to call Baer on Monday to ask them, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a brand new MC to be leaking

2.) Is it possible that the stroke on the Hydroboost unit is causing the MC to leak? I wouldn't think so, but figured I would ask.

3.) Does anyone know what could be causing the master cylinder to drain fluid through the proportioning valve, even when the pedal isn't pushed? My first thought is that the hydroboost unit is pre-loading the MC, but I don't see how. The Baer MC has a cavity probably an inch deep and the push rod on the boost unit does not stick out anywhere near that far.

4.) Are there any simple clearance issues/measurements that I need to perform to make sure this isn't a simple fix? Right now I don't have any spacers between the MC and the boost unit, or any of the inserts in the MC to reduce the travel on the pushrod.

Thanks in advance. So very close to driving the car and this has me completely stumped.

Last edited by lsuguy; 07-26-2020 at 11:18 AM.