Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
C5 front brakes will fit inside all the factory 17" wheels found on the 4th gens. I believe you can get C6 calipers on there as well. They are slightly bigger than C5 calipers...
FWIW, all of the factory 17" wheels on the fourth-gen F-bodies from 1996 and up will clear both the C5(Z06) and base level C6 brakes with 325mm rotors. The C6 calipers aren't any bigger than the C5's, but they are aproximately 25% more rigid due to some additional material across the bridge of the caliper body. Instead of having 8 narrow stiffening ribs like the C5's have, the C6 calipers have 4 wide ribs and weigh a couple ounces more due to the additional material.

HTH,
Tobin
KORE3
Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanks for clarifying Tobin. I thought for some reason the ribbing on the C6 calipers was a little taller. I knew their sizes were very close but just wasn't sure if the C6 would indeed fit.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
FWIW, all of the factory 17" wheels on the fourth-gen F-bodies from 1996 and up will clear both the C5(Z06) and base level C6 brakes with 325mm rotors. The C6 calipers aren't any bigger than the C5's, but they are aproximately 25% more rigid due to some additional material across the bridge of the caliper body. Instead of having 8 narrow stiffening ribs like the C5's have, the C6 calipers have 4 wide ribs and weigh a couple ounces more due to the additional material.

HTH,
Tobin
KORE3
Tobin,hey there I'm james the guy who started this thread and as I'm pressed for time pretty bad lately I was hoping that you might be able to enlighten me on your brake systems.I first of all NEED a c4 to c5 upgrade and I have looked at your site and really couldn't decide what would be the best bang for the buck.I would prefer to use the six piston calipers (front)and four piston(rear) that you have on your site as they really nice and look the best of any companie's that I have seen.I was wondering if they are compatible with the c4 spindle and also if they are the best choice for the money.I really hate to take up your valuable time,but I prefer to make my choices with the best info I can get.Your products in my opinion have the best attention to quality and detail of any I have seen and I've pretty much put out VBP c4 to c5 upgrade out of mind since I started dreaming your stuff on my car.Any time you could spare me would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinark View Post
Tobin,hey there I'm james the guy who started this thread and as I'm pressed for time pretty bad lately I was hoping that you might be able to enlighten me on your brake systems.I first of all NEED a c4 to c5 upgrade and I have looked at your site and really couldn't decide what would be the best bang for the buck.I would prefer to use the six piston calipers (front)and four piston(rear) that you have on your site as they really nice and look the best of any companie's that I have seen.I was wondering if they are compatible with the c4 spindle and also if they are the best choice for the money.I really hate to take up your valuable time,but I prefer to make my choices with the best info I can get.Your products in my opinion have the best attention to quality and detail of any I have seen and I've pretty much put out VBP c4 to c5 upgrade out of mind since I started dreaming your stuff on my car.Any time you could spare me would be GREATLY appreciated!
Hey James. We're currently working on developing kits for the C4 applications, so those should be part of our product offerings in the future, however if you're badly pressed for time...could be a little iffy on our end. We've just begun the design process for the early C4 front knuckles, so we've still got 2-3 months before I would expect to see a production ready kit. I wish things happened quicker, but the realities of how much can be done in a day apply to us just like everybody.

If you would like to discuss your build and timeframe in more detail, please feel free to give us a call or drop me an email. FWIW, the email address on the website (www.kore3.com) comes to me.

Have a good one,
Tobin
KORE3