Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 AM

both are great companies. wouldn't hesitate to buy from either and have used both of their parts.
1950 international l110
1993 mustang gt
Old 02-11-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicjoe23 View Post
I haven't talked with DSE, but I can say the customer service at SpeedTech (at least from my experience) has been FANTASTIC!!!
Same at DSE. Although recently it has slumped for me. Trying to get info out of them for a wheel on these wheels and not much help.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Blake Foster;629659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
You can practically build a car out of a DSE catalog. They offer everything from sub-frame bushings, PS hoses, headers, mini-tubs, rearends, etc.

Same here, I can sell you almost any part you will need, Engines Transmissions, brake line kits, headers, exhaust parts, Cooling systems, front drives, brakes , wheels, tires, fuel systems, and they are all the parts we USE in our builds so we know what fits and works together as well.

don't tell everyone but I can even sell the DSE mini tubs
Blake, I just looked at the website and even if you do have it, its not listed. Usually I just assume you don't have something if its not listed. I don't see things like tubs, headers, x-members etc listed under the 70-81 Camaro tab.

PM coming
Old 02-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You can get lots of parts from lots of different people.

Depends to some extent what your budget is and more importantly how you intend to use the car.

To try to say which is the better subframe. Well if you just street cruising neither one in better then an upgraded stock. If you're full on Optima Street Challenge then that's another story.

When looking at race results it does not appear that any one manufacturer is dominating.

I have Speedtech front and DSE Quadralink rear. Works perfect for me.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
You can get lots of parts from lots of different people.

Depends to some extent what your budget is and more importantly how you intend to use the car.

To try to say which is the better subframe. Well if you just street cruising neither one in better then an upgraded stock. If you're full on Optima Street Challenge then that's another story.

When looking at race results it does not appear that any one manufacturer is dominating.

I have Speedtech front and DSE Quadralink rear. Works perfect for me.
Depends on what you compare. If you look at overall results, the newer cars are dominating lol.

But comparing Sec Gen Camaros/Firebird with different brand parts. In that case DSE is dominating on the track. Of course you cant compare overall winners because more than the suspension brand parts plays a role.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=badazz81z28;629667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Foster View Post

Blake, I just looked at the website and even if you do have it, its not listed. Usually I just assume you don't have something if its not listed. I don't see things like tubs, headers, x-members etc listed under the 70-81 Camaro tab.

PM coming
PM received.

I think you need glasses (I know I do)
lol
We show a lot of different parts but they are maybe Generic as there are sometimes so many options that we really need to talk about it to get the right stuff, rather than having one Fuel tank listed for example we show that we have fuel tanks, but with all the engine and pump options I would rather you call us to figure it out than have you chose from 2 we may have on the site and then not be 100% happy with what you got.

Make sense?

Same with Engines and wheels WAY TOO MANY OPTIONS to list 3 on the site
Old 02-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I would agree at this time not an Apples comparison. if you look at the numbers on paper the new ExtReme subframe is a lot more aggressive, adjustable and uses a much better Rack. (all be it at less profit for Speedtech)

I would just want to question you on that statement? the part about "DSE having more product to compliment their set up."

Speedtech has EVERYTHING you could need including some parts that DSE does not have like oil pans,

I will let you know that we are about to also release a new
ExtReme Torque arm front mount that also integrates a drive shaft loop and subframe connectors. this will be a very good upgrade that really no one else has.

thanks for the props as well
what is this torque arm upgrade.....

72 Chevy Nova in pieces trying to rebulid this bucket of bolts (really just a labor of love)

Crew Chief's: Helping pilots get laid since 1947
Old 02-11-2016, 05:49 PM

This is the newest addition to the ExtReme Product line,
Right now it is for 67-69 Camaros. It will be cut into the floor under the seat pan (you will need to remove the seat pan) fit mid way into the tunnel and full width rocker to rocker. Then the subframe connectors fit 1/2 way into the floor pan and into the rear spring perch location. The torque arm mount will be removable and that part will form a drive shaft loop as well. we will have a version that does not have a torque arm mount if you are just wanting to retrofit an existing rear suspension. it will not impede the exhaust any more than the trans X member.
Still working out final pricing and install instructions.

[IMG][/IMG]

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psilrbqp0i.jpg
Old 02-11-2016, 10:30 PM

For me the decision to go with DSE over Speedtech came down to front steer vs rear steer. At the time I installed my subframe DSE was the only front steer available. Today of course Speedtech has their new extreme subframe with front steer. I also like the DSE hydroformed frame rails which is unique in the aftermarket.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"

Last edited by TheJDMan; 02-11-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
This is the newest addition to the ExtReme Product line,
Right now it is for 67-69 Camaros. It will be cut into the floor under the seat pan (you will need to remove the seat pan) fit mid way into the tunnel and full width rocker to rocker. Then the subframe connectors fit 1/2 way into the floor pan and into the rear spring perch location. The torque arm mount will be removable and that part will form a drive shaft loop as well. we will have a version that does not have a torque arm mount if you are just wanting to retrofit an existing rear suspension. it will not impede the exhaust any more than the trans X member.
Still working out final pricing and install instructions.

[IMG][/IMG]

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psilrbqp0i.jpg
I like that. . .I had been leaning towards designing and building an offset, de-coupled 3-link rear suspension using a Watt's linkage, but I may change my mind and go with a torque arm now. . .

'97 Chevy Camaro 3.8/M5 coupe
'02 Yamaha R1
'01 Aprilia RS50
'00 Yamaha R6