Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Default Do you regularly drive you car?

I took my car for a ride this day, even though I have a car I can drive somewhat "fast" in, I really dont drive fast on the street.

I just do some 2nd-3rd full throttle Acceleration or 1-2-3 action at most. And then I am happy and slow down, and sometime mashing the throttle in 2nd to do a mild rolling "burnout" I really love to do that. He..He..

But I just do it when I am alone on the road, and drives mostly "Nice"

I save the "maniac" driving for the track where it is possible, who I plan do as much I can Next year

What or how do YOU use Your car, especially those of you With killer cars?

Do you just cruise, does Your car actually see a track sometimes? (So you can actually use some of this modifications you have done and paid all to much for ) Or does it mostly sit in Your garage?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 PM

Well mine does sit in the garage more than I'd like. But I try to drive it 2-3 times a month, if not more. Every time I drive it I think "this car is so much fun, why don't I drive it more?" Mind you my daily driver is a 2004 Honda Civic turd. So to go from a 4 cylinder auto that barely gets out of its way to a 454 with a 6 speed, I have an absolute blast. If it got the same MPG as the Civic, I'd drive it daily!

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM

In the last 6 months or so my 78 has gotten more road time than my Z06. I'm selling the Z to get something a little less ridiculous to drive on the street.

Meanwhile, I'm scheming up ways to make the 78 more ridiculous.

The 78 gets out once every 2 weeks or so. My commute isn't long enough to get the vapor system going, so I have to save it for the weekend.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@TMI View Post
Well mine does sit in the garage more than I'd like. But I try to drive it 2-3 times a month, if not more. Every time I drive it I think "this car is so much fun, why don't I drive it more?" Mind you my daily driver is a 2004 Honda Civic turd. So to go from a 4 cylinder auto that barely gets out of its way to a 454 with a 6 speed, I have an absolute blast. If it got the same MPG as the Civic, I'd drive it daily!
Those two cars are a contrast to eachother But try to drive it more! I also have a big motor, but I want to make it very user friendly, so I can take it wherever, whenever, or use it as a daily driver for that matter Depends somewhat on fuel consumption though, I also have a big motor.. 461cid

On a sidenote, I see you sell VW interior, my daily driver is an Golf 2 16V, can you get seat covers for Edition Recaro seats? Can get Picture if you want.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Racer View Post
In the last 6 months or so my 78 has gotten more road time than my Z06. I'm selling the Z to get something a little less ridiculous to drive on the street.

Meanwhile, I'm scheming up ways to make the 78 more ridiculous.

The 78 gets out once every 2 weeks or so. My commute isn't long enough to get the vapor system going, so I have to save it for the weekend.
Nice that it gets driven, thats what its for! Just not make it too ridiculous, so it gets un-street friendly.. He..He.. I Guess it is maybe the motor who is one of the most important factors there maybe

Maybe you should get an engine heater
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblackmarks... View Post
Those two cars are a contrast to eachother But try to drive it more! I also have a big motor, but I want to make it very user friendly, so I can take it wherever, whenever, or use it as a daily driver for that matter Depends somewhat on fuel consumption though, I also have a big motor.. 461cid

On a sidenote, I see you sell VW interior, my daily driver is an Golf 2 16V, can you get seat covers for Edition Recaro seats? Can get Picture if you want.
I would drive it more, my wallet doesn't allow it! Plus the other thing is that when I drive the Chevelle, I don't want to drive it to work sitting in traffic. I want to cruise it and go to a burger joint or something like that.

Right now we have Golf interiors from 74-85, so I wouldn't have what you're looking for unfortunately.

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211
Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I drive mine constantly and in every way imaginable. If it isn't down for upgrades, it's being driven. Installed Holley HP EFI last year which made a profound difference. And I had a really nice custom built carburetor, but here in FL, your engine runs on water, not air because of the humidity. EFI is good.

Ridetech.com
Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 PM

Drive it like I stole it! Then it breaks and sits for who knows how long! 9 1/2 months this last time! Just got it back on the ground last night and need to get it aligned.
www.fquick.com/shmoov69
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Everyday!

Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod P View Post
Everyday!

This car ^^^ ladies and gentlemen is what we call "well sorted out"....

Working on gettin mine sorted out, will find out friday on the Good-Guys road tour to Texas.....