...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Wanted/WTB
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2021, 09:06 PM
jeff-san jeff-san is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WTB 69 Camaro

please lock or delete this thread...found the car. thank you

helping another friend get into the hobby. We are looking for a 69 Camaro....prefer a finished dialed in quality build with top shelf parts. Looking to be in the $75k +/- depending on the build.....LS, manual trans, brakes, suspension...etc., etc. A West Coast car would be preferred but not a deal breaker for the right car.

thank you for your time

[email protected]
831-214-2335

Last edited by jeff-san; 03-21-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: found the right car and bought it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2021, 05:33 PM
XLexusTech XLexusTech is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 74
Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff-san View Post
helping another friend get into the hobby. We are looking for a 69 Camaro....prefer a finished dialed in quality build with top shelf parts. Looking to be in the $75k +/- depending on the build.....LS, manual trans, brakes, suspension...etc., etc. A West Coast car would be preferred but not a deal breaker for the right car.

thank you for your time

[email protected]
831-214-2335
huumm.. so one of the most desirable cars, "dialed in" with all the right parts.. I think your roughly @ least 25K low in your budget IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2021, 06:18 AM
Sheck44 Sheck44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pickering Ont
Posts: 752
Thanks: 22
Thanked 210 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Ya ... Jeff, unless someone is really willing to take a beating you are about $50k low for a 'top shelf' build
Your current budget will get you a typical, average build with a decent paint job

I have a line on a very well built one here in Canada that can be shipped anywhere .... let me know if your budget goes up
Cheers
Steve
__________________
69' SS X11 PRO-TOURING - SOLD
73' FJ40 LS - SOLD
1966 FJ40 R2.8
1956 IM Speedster
Next up - "Killer Piggy"
Next up - 911 Hotrod

Last edited by Sheck44; 03-03-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2021, 08:11 AM
Ketzer's Avatar
Ketzer Ketzer is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eads, TN.
Posts: 1,319
Thanks: 107
Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Aww man, you guys are crazy....I see them go through auctions all the time for $30k...and from my strato-lounger at home, they are just as nice as those $200k builds...you guys just have money to throw away!!

(This is sarcasm. I hear ignorant crap like this every day. Are there bargains? Rarely, very rarely...)


Jeff-
__________________
You remind me of the timing on a turbo engine...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2021, 06:19 PM
XLexusTech XLexusTech is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 74
Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Aww man, you guys are crazy....I see them go through auctions all the time for $30k...and from my strato-lounger at home, they are just as nice as those $200k builds...you guys just have money to throw away!!

(This is sarcasm. I hear ignorant crap like this every day. Are there bargains? Rarely, very rarely...)


Jeff-
yeah some truth to this... you can buy someone else build for maybe 75% of cost to build.. so using that math.. a car that meets the OP'S criterion.. is a 100 to 115k all day..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:34 PM
ErikLS2's Avatar
ErikLS2 ErikLS2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 450
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Good example of the market these days

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...let-camaro-74/
__________________
Erik

69 Camaro (never gonna finish)
13 Cadillac CTS-V
Dirt bikes

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2021, 05:36 PM
dhutton dhutton is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mountain Springs, Texas
Posts: 1,676
Thanks: 528
Thanked 180 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLS2 View Post
Good example of the market these days

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...let-camaro-74/
That is high money for that car imho. Look at those hacked up floor pans....

Don
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2021, 06:02 AM
ErikLS2's Avatar
ErikLS2 ErikLS2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 450
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
That is high money for that car imho. Look at those hacked up floor pans....



Don
Agreed, the interior isn't exactly all that either, but someone paid it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Erik

69 Camaro (never gonna finish)
13 Cadillac CTS-V
Dirt bikes

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ErikLS2 For This Useful Post:
will69camaro (03-05-2021)
  #9  
Old 03-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Ketzer's Avatar
Ketzer Ketzer is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eads, TN.
Posts: 1,319
Thanks: 107
Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLS2 View Post
Agreed, the interior isn't exactly all that either, but someone paid it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Another side of the car market that often makes no sense at all...


Jeff-
__________________
You remind me of the timing on a turbo engine...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Vegas69's Avatar
Vegas69 Vegas69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,567
Thanks: 61
Thanked 131 Times in 76 Posts
Default

People are paying stupid money for everything right now. Sounds kind of familiar. ha I'll keep my money in my sack.
__________________
Todd
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net