Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 12-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
Well, I have sold cars on E Bay for years, and NEVER have I had one die, come up short, and then have someone call and buy because they saw it there. I do not know of one single car that has been on E bay that brought more later, or sold because someone saw it. What i have had happen many times is someone sees that it died on E bay and then they remind me I must be off on my value because it didn't sell. I have even had people that seen the car other places then E bay, watched it die on E bay, and want to know if I sobered up yet!

As for advertising, I get more stupid fricken phone call from guys with $50K wanting to build a $150K car from my E bay adds.

E bay sucks for high end cars. Now $35K to $60K cars, perfect place!
Didn't IImuch fail on ebay and sold for more at BJ. Even sold for more at BJ then what it was advertised for on mulitple web sites.

I think Greg said it best. You need 2 people that want it at an auction, Ebay or BJ.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM

Busted Frank....
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM66 View Post
I saw the '67 on ebay a few weeks back. Did it sell?
Nope....He was asking a pretty penny for it!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

The other thing I think we all kind of "forget about" when selling - or buying.

If the prices are lower "in general" for cars... and you're seeing lots of pretty damn nice cars that have asking prices FAR lower than they might have asked 2 years ago... but if you can sell your 150K car for "only" 100K now - but you can BUY the car you wanted to upgrade to for a lot less... then everything is good! Like houses - yeah - you can't get what the thing was worth at the peak - but you know what - you're not buying your new place at the peak either - so it's a wash in my opinion.

THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE CAMARO ISN'T FIVE YEARS OLD -- I didn't see that detail either - my bad!

The point I was trying to make on the PRO BUILT uber high dollar cars -- Ring - Trepanier - et al - is that when I spend half a million bucks on a car - I want it to be MY CAR - not someone else's car - and I want the glory and the trophies that come with a build like that... I was not saying that they shouldn't cost that much - or that they should be built cheaper... In fact if we didn't have cars like that - we'd have nothing to shoot for and nothing to dream about. I was just sayin' that if I spent that kind of dough on a car - or anything else for that matter - I want it to be MY WAY... I want it the color I want - the interior I want - the wheels I want - and I want the FUN that goes with dreamin' and schemin' with the builder etc.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
The point I was trying to make on the PRO BUILT uber high dollar cars -- Ring - Trepanier - et al - is that when I spend half a million bucks on a car - I want it to be MY CAR - not someone else's car - and I want the glory and the trophies that come with a build like that... I was not saying that they shouldn't cost that much - or that they should be built cheaper... In fact if we didn't have cars like that - we'd have nothing to shoot for and nothing to dream about. I was just sayin' that if I spent that kind of dough on a car - or anything else for that matter - I want it to be MY WAY... I want it the color I want - the interior I want - the wheels I want - and I want the FUN that goes with dreamin' and schemin' with the builder etc.
Here Here!

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works