Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Default 69 Camaro what's it worth ?

I have a 69 camaro I bought a few years ago as a half finished project and finished it. I did not paint this car or build the motor so I have limited info on them. I will list what the car has below with a few pics.

DSE parts on the car:
Radiator close out, headlight motors, 8-speed wipers, rear drop springs, dash carrier w/ autometer ultra lites (volt,oil,water,speedo,tach,clock,fuel.),billet hood hinges, smooth firewall panel.

Drivetrain:
1970 396 w/ 375 HP solid cam,edelbrock performer rpm intake,750 holley,roller rockers,ceramic coated headers,vintage air front runner assy. Monster 700R4. Moser 9 inch narrowed 2 inches to get some dish to the rear wheels 3.70 posi. this was purchased from DSE with all the good internals and axles.

Heidts narrowed upper/lower tubular control arms
Baer 4 wheel disk brakes w/ pbr calipers and tall spindles, AGR quick ratio box, Front coil over shocks.

Vintage air/heat, power windows, keyless entry, power trunk, factory tilt column, Kenwood stereo/cd w/sirius satellite.

18x9.5 and 18x8 Foose Nitrous II's w/ Pilot sport 2's

The paint has a few small chips because the car was built to drive and it has been driven.

All of the glass, trim, and emblems were new when the car was built.

The engine bay is indentical to this pic except for the six shooter and 502 emblems

Last edited by 71RS/SS396; 01-30-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Well -- no offense meant here - but that's really a bogus way to get an opinion.... Your post takes you to another website - that shows the body of one car - and the motor of another - and the description is of a completely different car than either of the pictures...

So who the heck could have an opinion when you'd have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT.

Post up pics of the ACTUAL car/project or whatever it is.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Well -- no offense meant here - but that's really a bogus way to get an opinion.... Your post takes you to another website - that shows the body of one car - and the motor of another - and the description is of a completely different car than either of the pictures...

So who the heck could have an opinion when you'd have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT.

Post up pics of the ACTUAL car/project or whatever it is.

The link pic is of the car I'm taking about I just gave a little background of the car before I finished it and the engine compartment looks indentical to it. I cannot get anymore pics because the car is in storage 3 hours away from me.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 AM

There,I fixed it for you Greg.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Default Looks like a sweet car...

I can't help with the value, but it will be fun to see what people write.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 AM

What's it worth???.......Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you've been watching the market, cars are down now. Camaro's are taking a hit for sure. Mr. October sold a COPO at BJ several years ago for over $800k. Now COPO's are struggling to break $200k. What does that tell you??

There are now a ton of nice cars out there for under $30k. Supply is high and demand is low. Did you notice that there were a ton of Camaro's and not that many Hemi cars at BJ last week?? Mopars have been taking huge hits over the last few auctions and I suspect the owners are just keeping them in their garages now until the market turns around.

My honest opinion......muscle car prices were getting way out of hand and were totally unrealistic, but I guess there were a lot of people out there with disposable incomes. It was only a matter of time before reality set in. I'm gald in a way to see prices are down because it will make the hobby more affordable for the average Joe.

I'm with GregWeld, you need actual pics of the entire car but like I said, its only worth what someone will pay for it.

Complete Turn-Key Restorations, Customizing & Fabrication
419-523-6900

www.m-w-c-c.com
Old 01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

It's still hard, nay impossible, to put a value on a car - with only exterior pics etc.... to evaluate the car a guy has to see underneath - the engine - the interior - and closeups of the paint blemishes etc. Nice looking car by the way - I like the two tone.... My Sister/BIL's is black over red - like yours - but has some penis extension poking out the hood...

I totally get that you're far away from the car and can't do this right now... but until you can -- nobody will be able to 'guesstimate' what the car is worth. And any guess would be LOW because you don't really know what's there.

There's an abundance of REALLY nice completely "done" cars out there now... and for the most part - they've gone begging for bids. Cars that would have easily had multiple bids on them at 6 figures - now can't get any interest at 60ish.... Cars are like houses - "MOST" buyers need to sell one - in order to buy one... if they can't sell theirs - they can't buy yours. And that's what I've seen with my friends cars. They have their eyes out for something "new" but are unable or UNWILLING to part with theirs at these lower valuations. They're looking at what they "have in them" rather than what they're "worth"... right now - that's a big disconnect. Will the prices come back? Who knows... and who knows how long that will take.

Personally - I think a lot of these cars were being bought with "house money" not real money. People were doing house re-fi's and equity loans etc with "cheap money" to buy. Now we're seeing people selling the cars in order to pay off the loans or in some cases to finance bills that are coming due with no job etc. The desperate sellers set the price - not the guys that don't need to sell.

I'd search EBAY... and also Barrett Jackson... see if you see REAL comparable cars - and subtract about 10% off the BJ prices because they have real selling power compared to doing it on your own... but beware the power of over valuing i.e., "my car is just as good as that one".... you have to be realistic in choosing your comps.

What I saw at BJ (my own experience - which counts for NOTHING) was that there was so many nice cars to choose from - and fewer real bidders... and the few people that were bidding - were being real choosy... and in many cases - in the past - guys were hitting home runs on cars they had brought to sell - that they had real money left over to buy - and that was a self feeding action... but this year with prices being REALISTIC - people weren't so jacked about buying after they failed to get what "WAS" the old price for their car. (that, and the weather sucked).
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 AM

DEAD ON THE MONEY GREG!!!

Complete Turn-Key Restorations, Customizing & Fabrication
419-523-6900

www.m-w-c-c.com
Old 01-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
It's still hard, nay impossible, to put a value on a car - with only exterior pics etc.... to evaluate the car a guy has to see underneath - the engine - the interior - and closeups of the paint blemishes etc. Nice looking car by the way - I like the two tone.... My Sister/BIL's is black over red - like yours - but has some penis extension poking out the hood...

I totally get that you're far away from the car and can't do this right now... but until you can -- nobody will be able to 'guesstimate' what the car is worth. And any guess would be LOW because you don't really know what's there.

There's an abundance of REALLY nice completely "done" cars out there now... and for the most part - they've gone begging for bids. Cars that would have easily had multiple bids on them at 6 figures - now can't get any interest at 60ish.... Cars are like houses - "MOST" buyers need to sell one - in order to buy one... if they can't sell theirs - they can't buy yours. And that's what I've seen with my friends cars. They have their eyes out for something "new" but are unable or UNWILLING to part with theirs at these lower valuations. They're looking at what they "have in them" rather than what they're "worth"... right now - that's a big disconnect. Will the prices come back? Who knows... and who knows how long that will take.

Personally - I think a lot of these cars were being bought with "house money" not real money. People were doing house re-fi's and equity loans etc with "cheap money" to buy. Now we're seeing people selling the cars in order to pay off the loans or in some cases to finance bills that are coming due with no job etc. The desperate sellers set the price - not the guys that don't need to sell.

I'd search EBAY... and also Barrett Jackson... see if you see REAL comparable cars - and subtract about 10% off the BJ prices because they have real selling power compared to doing it on your own... but beware the power of over valuing i.e., "my car is just as good as that one".... you have to be realistic in choosing your comps.

What I saw at BJ (my own experience - which counts for NOTHING) was that there was so many nice cars to choose from - and fewer real bidders... and the few people that were bidding - were being real choosy... and in many cases - in the past - guys were hitting home runs on cars they had brought to sell - that they had real money left over to buy - and that was a self feeding action... but this year with prices being REALISTIC - people weren't so jacked about buying after they failed to get what "WAS" the old price for their car. (that, and the weather sucked).
Greg, fortunately I am not in that financial position, I just have to many cars and would like to build another one,but I am to space limited right now. I have no delusions that I'm going to get my money back, but there is a limit on what I'm willing to lose on it, this is purely a space issue for me as you can see. (pic)

Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM

In this market you better need to sell, or want to sell. The days of somebody has to have it are few and far between.