Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Okay -- Space issue or not -- you might have missed my point and a statement in my comments saying that "it's the desperate sellers that set the price...." My point being that there ARE desperate sellers out there - LOTS OF THEM - that are forced to sell because of whatever reason... and they are the ones that are lowering the bar. Houses are no different - if you choose to sell your house - and there are 3 foreclosures on your block for sale - THEY set the value of what you can get for your house... and this is some of what is happening in the car world now... there are people that will take half or less for their car compared to what they would have asked for it 2 years ago... and they are the ones that are depressing prices.... along with - a lack of buyers in general. The folks that were buying with equity mortgage money are no longer there! The "market" is set by asking prices - quantity available for sale - and quantity of buyers... and what they're willing to pay. BUYERS are setting the market now - not the sellers. It was a sellers market. Now it's a buyers market.

I'd toss the car on Ebay -- set a reserve -- and go fishing for buyers... the bids will tell you what it's worth - but you're going to have to post up great description - and great pictures of EVERYTHING in order to maximize the bidding. I just helped a buddy list his 41 Plymouth -- I was shocked by the amount of lookers "(hits") and the amount of bidders! It didn't sell (didn't meet his reserve) but he has it sold to two different folks via the after market discussions. He wants a '32 Ford roadster -- and is typical of the market now - he can't buy until he sells... for him - it's working out - but he had to pass on a car I wanted him to buy because he hadn't sold his yet... and wouldn't risk buying before he sold his. Houses were this way for a while - people would buy the one they wanted KNOWING they could sell their quickly - good luck with that strategy now!!

Your Camaro looks great -- and I would think it would fetch some active bidding on eBay or similar. Maybe mid 40's... judging by the one that Fletchers Customs bought and sold recently... but like I said earlier - without great photos - it's a complete crap shoot.

By the way -- go back and look at a FOR SALE listing here in the forums - for "MALITUDE". I would have put that car at a buck fifty EASY and maybe more at BJ '07/'06.... not sure what it finally netted - but it was well under a buck. That was a real shocker to me - because it was a well known car build... and was right on and well done! It wasn't a Camaro... and that may have held it back... but it wasn't a Rambler either!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
Greg, fortunately I am not in that financial position, I just have to many cars and would like to build another one,but I am to space limited right now. I have no delusions that I'm going to get my money back, but there is a limit on what I'm willing to lose on it, this is purely a space issue for me as you can see. (pic)

There may be a 12 step program in your area for that car addiction.....

Nice looking collection there. Just messin' with ya there^^^^

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Okay -- so here's the thing I was just talking about -- right here in our own for sale section ---- an arguably nice car - begging for a sale at 60K... price already lowered... that I would say would have gone easy 90's two years ago... It has a 502 - and Custom interior - which puts it ahead of a 396... and houndstooth... but I'd say they're a close comp... without seeing more of yours.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=24033
Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Okay -- so here's the thing I was just talking about -- right here in our own for sale section ---- an arguably nice car - begging for a sale at 60K... price already lowered... that I would say would have gone easy 90's two years ago... It has a 502 - and Custom interior - which puts it ahead of a 396... and houndstooth... but I'd say they're a close comp... without seeing more of yours.

That is more than I would list this car for I have been thinking mid 40's but just wanted some other opinions rather than list it too high and let it sit on the market forever.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
There may be a 12 step program in your area for that car addiction.....

Nice looking collection there. Just messin' with ya there^^^^
Well I have taken the first step I admit I have a problem but that's as far as I get. I refuse to change.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Well I have taken the first step I admit I have a problem but that's as far as I get. I refuse to change.
Do you own all of those cars there or is that a "group" storage? (thinking maybe some friends all got together to help with storage expenses or something?) There looks to be some neat cars in there, can you tell us anything about the collection?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

$90k? LOL. That car isn't worth $60k, any year. The engine compartment gives away the level of build quality.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Do you own all of those cars there or is that a "group" storage? (thinking maybe some friends all got together to help with storage expenses or something?) There looks to be some neat cars in there, can you tell us anything about the collection?
All of them belong to my Dad and I there is a little bit of everything in there 59-64 impalas,belairs,bicaynes,ford and chevy p/u, 1st and 2nd gen novas and camaros ,a couple 66-67 chevelles, a bunch of 60's wagons, hell there's even a 66 corvair w/ a 455 old in the back seat. too many to list.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
All of them belong to my Dad and I there is a little bit of everything in there 59-64 impalas,belairs,bicaynes,ford and chevy p/u, 1st and 2nd gen novas and camaros ,a couple 66-67 chevelles, a bunch of 60's wagons, hell there's even a 66 corvair w/ a 455 old in the back seat. too many to list.
Sounds like a diverse collection. When you get a chance post up some more pics. A corvair with a 455 in it sounds like some fun! I saw a Nomad back there on the left (black and white I think) any more on that one?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a diverse collection. When you get a chance post up some more pics. A corvair with a 455 in it sounds like some fun! I saw a Nomad back there on the left (black and white I think) any more on that one?
That is a Nomad (56) sorry but I don't have any pics right now of the Nomad and the corvair is still a project in the same state as it was purchased