Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 PM

Default How much would you offer for this 1967 Camaro

Have a co-worker who's contemplating selling the 67 Camaro that's been parked in his backyard since the early 1980's. This is somewhat of a self-serving question as I've been bugging him to sell it to me, but what would you guys peg the value of this particular car at?

Here's the description he emailed me as I'm currently overseas:

It's not a rust free car. The engine is a true 1967 SS350 L48 engine that has been decked which wiped out the serial numbers. The transmission that's in the car is a wide ratio 3 speed I have a wide ratio RockCrusher 4 speed in the garage. Basically this car needs everything. It would probably be best with a new crate motor.The interior needs everything. The car hasn't even been non-opped in about 17 years. The trunk is rusted out but I bought a new pan years ago to put in. the right vent window was busted out when the stole the gauges from the console. I bought replacement set but I think it needed a clock or fuel gauge.

Pictures:

No real pictures of the rust damage or engine compartment condition - but looks like the car needs some serious TLC.

What would you peg the fair value at?

1972 Corvette Coupe - https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=36573
Old 07-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Just wondering if it's a SS/RS. I see that it has hide away lights but no reverse lights under the rear bumper. I bought a 69 Camaro the same way. Somewhere down the line someone changed the front end. You never know about these old cars. Also does it have a 12 bolt? That would be a plus.
Looks like it could be made into a nice ride. First thing I would do is pull up the carpet and see how the floor pan looks. The 69 I bought was not too good.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I'd say the $2500 tops is if it was running or would at least start. Call me stupid, crazy, deranged, idiot and all other stuff, but I'd offer $1500. I'd pretty much bet anything the whole floor and the rockers are gone after sitting on that dirt for almost 20 years....California or not.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 07-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman67 View Post
id say 2500 tops....that thing will need a ton of work, parts, and money...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I'd say the $2500 tops is if it was running or would at least start. Call me stupid, crazy, deranged, idiot and all other stuff, but I'd offer $1500. I'd pretty much bet anything the whole floor and the rockers are gone after sitting on that dirt for almost 20 years....California or not.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. Don't know how to break the news of what the car is actually worth to my buddy yet. Don't want to seem like I'm trying to drive down the price of the car by giving him an honest offer. HIGHLY doubt the car runs or starts.

I've been chatting with Rodger about the 1970 roller he has at Ironworks as well - want to build Camaro, would prefer a first gen but his is such a solid base that it's hard to overlook as a starting point.

In an ideal world I'd get a project that I'd actually be able to drive first, or at least move an inch under it's own power before taking it apart and dumping tons of money into it.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

"CHEAP" in the beginning is EXPENSIVE in the end.... ALWAYS start with the best body you can...

When you buy this stuff and open up a can of worms -- and the bids are always "best guestimates" about what needs to be done - and it ALWAYS ends up costing far more. It's just the way it goes.

So unless you're planning on doing all the floors and sills and blah blah blah yourself... That car, to me, is an expensive "1st Gen" not a cheap one...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Had the chance to see it in person now that I'm back in the states - opened the hood for the first time in 17 years and took additional pictures

Did a rust check top to bottom. Floor pans are in great condition, absolutely spotless. Trunk pan needs to be replaced, rockers have a some rust towards the front. Cowl looks to be in good condition, interior is otherwise junk. Gauges were stripped out of the car when it was broken into through the passenger vent window.

Can anyone help decode the trim tag? Any of the additional info change the valuation?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Had the chance to see it in person now that I'm back in the states - opened the hood for the first time in 17 years and took additional pictures

Did a rust check top to bottom. Floor pans are in great condition, absolutely spotless. Trunk pan needs to be replaced, rockers have a some rust towards the front. Cowl looks to be in good condition, interior is otherwise junk. Gauges were stripped out of the car when it was broken into through the passenger vent window.

Can anyone help decode the trim tag? Any of the additional info change the valuation?
67-12637 67 Camaro "Deluxe" interior
797Z Parchment/Black stripe bucket seats
H-H Mountain Green exterior no vinyl top
W tinted windshield only
2LG 4 speed with console
3S Option Z23 Interior decor group

It is not a true SS350. If it was the nice thing on a 67 is that it would be listed on the cowl tag with a 4P option. Not a true RS either as that code would be 3L on the cowl tag as well. Sorry for the bad news not being a true rs or ss car.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Can anyone help decode the trim tag?
Go here: http://www.camaros.org/

From CRG:

04A Body assembly began 1st week of April 1967

G611 approximately 7th production day of April, 1967 for the start of the assembly and the 611th body started on that day

67-12637 model 12, custom interior, coupe

LOS 18922 Van Nuys plant, coupe with custom interior

797-Z standard A50 Strato Bucket seats (no headrest), interior color Parchment/Black, Carpet, instrument panel, and steering wheel are black

H-H Mountain green paint with black stripes

W 2LG 3S tinted windshield only,4-speed manual, front console, interior decor group

Quote:
Any of the additional info change the valuation?
Nope. IMHO.

Project Alchemy
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=29820
Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM

It, looks like quarters, rear panel, trunk, door skins, probably fenders, If your going to change motor and trans to newer ls stuff, Your pretty much buying a roof and hood, I agree with the 2500.00 bucks, Just depends on how deep your pockets are and what you want, If your not mechanically inclined you may be better of buying a car done, good luck
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM

Run