Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 04-25-2005, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfytr68
Troy,
It sounds like you're having the time of your life. You are an inspiration. Don't paint it. Put some fat rubber under there, add some supportive seats and call it done.
Believe me Steve, seats are high on my list. VERY high. I can't comfortably sling the car through turns right now because I'm spending too much effort holding myself on the stock seats, which offer NO lateral support. I find myself sliding over the vinyl and hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life as I slide around in the seat. It's hard to concentrate and be smooth on the steering and pedal inputs when you can barely stay in the seat! Good seats would make the car far more enjoyable to drive hard. I also need to modify the throttle pedal; it needs to be higher off the floor and a bit closer to the brake pedal. Right now it's quite difficult to heel & toe.

Any suggestions on comfy seats? I've sat in some Sparco Milano's and liked them. I also have my eye on the Sparco Torino, Cobra Misano, and Recaro Sport Topline; while they look great on the internet, I haven't sat in them. I'd also be open for fabbing brackets to fit in some factory late model seats, but don't have a clue of where to start looking. My first thoughts are Vette, Viper, BMW, or Audi seats, but it would need to be free of side airbags.

Fat rubber out back is also needed badly. I can fit 10 inch wheels with 285's or 295's quite comfortably. 305's start to get a bit tight, but do fit with no mods. Something like 335's would be very beneficial for straight line antics; it would just require quite a bit of work (narrowing the frame in back, fender flares, or a combination of both).

Up on the list to do shortly is yank the vinyl top, treat/repair the rust, and re-shoot it in satin black for the rest of the local carshow season. There are a few spots growing in size and I'm quite worried about them even though they aren't through the sheetmetal... yet. Darn vinyl top rust magnet.

Troy