Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-10-2014, 08:34 AM

Default Dog????

So we were up all night last night because our Beagle/lab was licking and making a either hiccup or gulping kind do motion-sound??? He wouldn't sleep, just kept making this sound and motion but was very happy if petted him or let him out at 12:00 and 2:00 am

He would eat fine drink fine, this morning he cut the grass for me, he must of ate a 16x16 area of grass. I know when dogs have an upset stomach they will eat grass like crazy to help the throw up but he still hasn't thrown up.

Anyone got any ideas?? My wife found what they called the licky-gulps?? Crazy and now he seems ok.

Called the vet and they said we can bring him in but most likely he has something irritating his stomach and he will get it out. Or it could be anxiety?? Great now he needs a dog shrink!!

Oh well just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 08-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Did you change his food lately? Dogs like a steady diet.

We had two beagles - brother and sister... and I have to say -- our Chocolate Lab is a far easier dog to be with. Elvis and Alice where nervous nellies... Stella is Miss Easy.

Hope he's fine now.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:47 AM

Any chance it got into antifreeze?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 AM

Intestinal blockage? Keep a close eye on him and his functions.You'll probably know by the end of the day.

My Lab would gobble up my daughter's underwear in a heartbeat anytime he had the chance when he was younger. He made some pretty interesting noises puking those up. Never did result in intestinal blockage thankfully.

Steady diet GW?......LOL My dogs like a steady diet......of FOOD! Seriously they do need it and sometimes food manufacturers change their formula which can have an impact on the digestive system.

Better foods will have a probiotic supplement in them or you can get a probiotic powder and supplement their food yourself.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Did you change his food lately? Dogs like a steady diet.

We had two beagles - brother and sister... and I have to say -- our Chocolate Lab is a far easier dog to be with. Elvis and Alice where nervous nellies... Stella is Miss Easy.

Hope he's fine now.
Yeah Greg he a big baby as well he hates it if I just go in the garage for a few minutes. Same food for the last two years, he has Colitis so he has to eat this special high fiber food from the vet, oh and it's high priced as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
Any chance it got into antifreeze?
Nope nothing like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Intestinal blockage? Keep a close eye on him and his functions.You'll probably know by the end of the day.

My Lab would gobble up my daughter's underwear in a heartbeat anytime he had the chance when he was younger. He made some pretty interesting noises puking those up. Never did result in intestinal blockage thankfully.

Steady diet GW?......LOL My dogs like a steady diet......of FOOD! Seriously they do need it and sometimes food manufacturers change their formula which can have an impact on the digestive system.

Better foods will have a probiotic supplement in them or you can get a probiotic powder and supplement their food yourself.
Sieg I thought of blockage also, but he has gone twice this morning now with no issues. And yes I've seen the socks come back out, not pretty!!

He ate his breakfast this morning like he hadn't eaten in weeks so he has his appetite. He seems ok now so well keep an eye on him today and go from there.

We where going to the lake house today but I don't want to chance it in the car for two hours and have an issue.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 08-10-2014, 03:50 PM

Could be allergies too.

Smaller dog can have problems with reverse sneezing due to the smaller trachea. We have two Yorkies that have that problem.
See your vet ASAP

I would not let him eat grass.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11

Last edited by Vince@Meanstreets; 08-10-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
Could be allergies too.

Smaller dog can have problems with reverse sneezing due to the smaller trachea. We have two Yorkies that have that problem.
See your vet ASAP

I would not let him eat grass.
He not that small 45lbs but still, the vet said to watch him the rest of today and see how he is.

I don't intentionally let him eat the grass but he has to go out side rand when dogs get an upset stomach they eat grass to help them throw up.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:20 PM

Ok so after a day of him not doing much of anything out of the norm for him he finally throw up late morning. Big old hair ball right in the middle of the nasty smelly mess. He hasn't made the sound or the licking motion sense that time!

Here's to hoping that was it and a good night sleep for him and me and my wife!!!

Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
Ok so after a day of him not doing much of anything out of the norm for him he finally throw up late morning. Big old hair ball right in the middle of the nasty smelly mess. He hasn't made the sound or the licking motion sense that time!

Here's to hoping that was it and a good night sleep for him and me and my wife!!!
Didn't happen without pictures. LOL

Nothing like waking up to the sound of a dog trying to puke at 3 a.m.

Hopefully he's OK now, don't drop your guard just yet though.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post

hair ball. ruuurohhh where the rest of the cat?

did you catch that NASCAR race today? damn !!

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11