Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2014, 03:14 PM

Default Got it in

Well Im finally posting some pictures of the install. Over all it went pretty smooth. The Holley oil pan fits very nice.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2014, 04:03 PM

Great!

I'm especially interested in how this works using the complete holley kit. I myself used their oil pan and liked it. Where the headers end up for ground clearance will be interesting.

What did you end up using for a transmission?

Also, you might want to start a build thread now, documenting your stuff. Pretty useful to get ideas and to keep a chronicle for future reference.
'04 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4

My '69 Camaro Build Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Transmission is going to be the tremec from the ctsv. G force drive shaft, and shortened shifter also from ctsv. Trying to use stock console with guages and it looks like it will work Ill show some pictures when I get done. I'll also hang steering box and headers to show how well they fit.
Guys doing body work are almost done hanging quarters and then the sub frame, motor and trans will come back out so they can get car on rotisserie to clean up the underside of car and coat it with something.
While all that is going on ill order wheels and brakes get wiring and computer to Hawks3rdgen for the harness overhaul and street tune.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69lsvert View Post
Transmission is going to be the tremec from the ctsv. G force drive shaft, and shortened shifter also from ctsv. Trying to use stock console with guages and it looks like it will work Ill show some pictures when I get done. I'll also hang steering box and headers to show how well they fit.
Guys doing body work are almost done hanging quarters and then the sub frame, motor and trans will come back out so they can get car on rotisserie to clean up the underside of car and coat it with something.
While all that is going on ill order wheels and brakes get wiring and computer to Hawks3rdgen for the harness overhaul and street tune.
So are you keeping the bolt style flange on the transmission? Are they making a slip style shaft?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Gong with flange. This is what gforce offers. I have the trans in but need to get car at ride heigth so I can send them measurements for a drive shaft.
Our cnc machined billet driveshaft adapter allows you to bolt a 1350 series driveshaft to the OEM 3 finger transmission flange.

Adapter mates to Spicer 3-2-119 companion flange that is commonly used in making driveshafts.

Gforce adapters are drilled for the larger 7/16-20 bolts, all hardware included.

Fits GM Camaro, SS, G8, CTSV, HOLDEN VE-VF