Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
It is from ProComp......it may be fine but even if it made 500 horsepower on a stock LS3 and you gave me one I would make a bong out if it.

More reading if you would like http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...php?p=10458279

ProComp is the same "manufacturer" that was selling the spot on MSD ignition box clones......after some time spent in court you will notice ProComps boxes are blue now.
that car looks familiar

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 12-31-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
Thats that mentality that got this country the way it is now..

hows that for rolling on the floor..

I bet if we saw some bootleg DSE "hydroformed" subframes on ebay for 700 bucks maybe folks might get more serious about what im saying..
Now that wasn't nice at all Amir. Sign of the times, besides China owns us. Its been going down hill long before you or I were born.

As long as there is a market for it they will continue to push the goods whether you or I don't endorse it or not.
Not that I would buy a $1500 Hogan manifold (mainly cause I could never afford one) or an overseas copy but I would definatly buy for the quality and the performance aspect in mind. So guess where my mentality has always been.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM

If you want an idea of what to expect quality wise when purchasing knock offs, check this out...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-...body-pics.html

And they were financially able to sponsor a Top Fuel dragster....
Just goes to show there are plenty of people buying (parts or service) based only on price.

Last edited by EBMC; 12-31-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well my MacBook Air that cost me 1100$ says Made in China under it. It must be a POS now....

My iPhone was also made in China.

My Craftsman drill driver says Made in China.

My coffee cup says Made in USA though.

Over 90% of USA is made in China guys. Start looking at the labels on your favorite items

65 Fastback "Maddo" @ Meanstreets Performance. Ridetech, crate 306/T5, tubbed, Forgeline
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM

I just wish people would look at the big picture!!!!!!! yes everybody owns things made in china how ever there are fewer choices out there and tons of great companies going out of business every day for the failure to be able to compete,osha standards,enviromental responsibility,high tax base. That is why even big companies are looking to out sorce manufacturing to other countries. The country is going down hill at a rapid pace because everyone has the same outlook and people don't seem to care about the long term affect [aka] you childrens future! if we all continue to not care we can kiss the future of this great country good buy!!! I personally don't want to see that happen! Don't take this the wrong way everyone just needs to make a decision of trying to do something to make a difference. The intake is a direct copy someone put a great deal of time designing and engineering to produce this and how would you feel if this was all your work and now you have to give it up with no way to even go after what was once yours and now yet another us based company goes out of business! I love this country and I want my kids to grow up speeking english! Just trying to shine some light on our future of americans!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John510 View Post
Well my MacBook Air that cost me 1100$ says Made in China under it. It must be a POS now....

My iPhone was also made in China.

My Craftsman drill driver says Made in China.

My coffee cup says Made in USA though.

Over 90% of USA is made in China guys. Start looking at the labels on your favorite items
Your comparing apples and oranges. Apple (no pun intended!)chose to have their phone made in China, its still their product and is represented as such as well as Nike and millions of other products. I dont like it, but its at least their choice.
Although I dont know him, I doubt Jeff at PMC endorsed this intake or has any connection to it. Myself and others gripe is against cheap unauthorized knockoffs no matter where they're made

Although I admit, in a Tequila induced haze long ago, I did buy some "Oakley" sunglasses for $5 on a beach in Cabo!

Last edited by EBMC; 12-31-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:12 PM

China has been capitalizing on copying American products for way too long now. We should all do ourselves and fellow Americans a favor and stay away from anything made in China.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
China has been capitalizing on copying American products for way too long now. We should all do ourselves and fellow Americans a favor and stay away from anything made in China.
It's hard when you can save $100's or even $1K for almost the same product I'll admit it, I try to get the best deal I can and if I dont, then I'll fork out the money to buy it....What gets me is that companies out there in the USA are still trying get top dollar for their product that's been out for years and wont put out any discounts for repeatable customers.

Last edited by cencalc6; 12-31-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Curious what's gonna happen when the innovative companies doing the R&D don't sell enough product to stay in business. Will companies like ProComp actually take their place being leaders in innovation? Likely not if they intend to keep their price points where they are.

I'm sure this kinda thing happens in most industries. A quick trip through your local Wally World proves that. However, it sure seems rampant in automotive aftermarket these days. Curious why that is. I suspect it is caused by the relatively small market resulting in high parts cost, i.e. less unit sales to spread development cost among. These high unit costs vs. perceived/intrinsic value result in a market prime for someone to copy something and undercut. Of course that just ends up reducing units sold for the innovators which ultimately drives up costs on innovative products.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have to admit it....it doesn't look too shabby on the car on Yellow Bullet. Just wait until the word gets out, I can see lots of guys buying these for the looks. Especially, guys that can't afford the real deal or the ones that just want a stock, 80k mile LS pullout.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 12-31-2012 at 05:43 PM.