Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 AM

Default 2005 Silverado donor truck for my 68 camaro questions?

Just bought a 2005 Silverado truck for the motor, transmission, and harness. I have a couple questions. What all can I use. I know I can use the motor, tranny, harness, and ecm. I have a Ls1 intake for it already. But can I use the front runner set up? radiator? Any other parts I can use? Also I heard problems use the wrong drive by wire pedal with the wrong computer not reading. But sense the computer and pedal come from the same car, I should be good to go? and if I use the pedal and computer from the truck, Can I use the drive by wire corvette tb?

Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

lol, I'm sorry to be laughing at the person's misfortune for having wrecked their truck. However, given today's smart phone technology and people's propensity to use them, I can't help but think the picture came from a craigslist add posted within minutes of the accident.

To help answer your questions, find out what fits and works. By that I mean, don't strip it of what you think you can use and sell the rest. Pull the parts you need when you need them and if they'll work, great. You may find that you end up using a lot of little parts you didn't even think of during the conversion. After you're done or if it's a part you have no doubt you can't use, a door for instance, then sell the part and recoup your costs.

Some people will use the entire harness from the donor vehicle and adapt it to the classic. You'll have nice fuse and relay centers doing that. You connections will fit and you may be able to add power options you didn't have before to the classic.

If the truck is drive by wire now, keep the pedal, PCM, and throttle body module and you'll be fine. No reason to switch to the Corvette TB if this truck already has drive by wire. Just make sure the intake matches the motor generation so that the throttle body fits. Gen 4 motors used four bolt throttle bodies. Gen 3 motors used 3 bolt throttle bodies. The LS2 intake a hybrid of sorts. It uses a Gen 4 throttle body but fits Gen 3 heads since the LS2 had basically LS6 heads on it stock.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims