Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 04-05-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
cpd004 - when I read this post, my heart was heavy for you and what you and your family are dealing with. I’ve been exactly where you’re at right now (minus the COVID-19 part) and I just felt compelled to respond. I’ll be saying some prayers for you guys as you navigate these times...I pray for wisdom and open doors for your doctors as well as clarity and wisdom for you guys to take the information you have and make the best possible decisions going forward. Most of all, I pray that your wife is healed in accordance with God’s plan and that He will give you all the peace that surpasses all understanding. If there’s anything else I can do for you, it will be my pleasure.
Thank you. The prayers are truly appreciated. That's where we are right now. Putting our faith in Him despite not understanding how and why we got here. We just want to go back to what we knew as normal once upon a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpd004 For This Useful Post:
Vegas69 (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
I'm an essential employee (FR) and deal with people all day. While I'm normally a 'we can get through anything' type of person, this one has me worried.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer Dec. 23rd. Our lives changed dramatically. 6.5 weeks of chemo & radiation started 2 weeks later to help shrink it in order to improve her quality of life. Sitting in the waiting room everyday with her, we were the youngest people in there by at least 15 years.

Surgery was supposed to be the first week of March. Tuesday is approaching and we get a call Monday night saying they have people that they believe are infected. They are on the same floor that surgery takes place and the ventilation system is not isolated.

Chemo & radiation weakens your immune system to a near nonexistent level. The surgeon told us in her case, it can be fatal. 3 more times the surgery has been postponed and Friday they said that chemo and radiation may have to be started back up until the Covid situation stabilizes. It was 'rough' to put it mildly the first time. I can't imagine what it will do this time. I pray that I don't bring it home.
I'll be thinking about and praying for you and your wife! I can only imagine that your Anxiety levels are peaking!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMR Sales For This Useful Post:
cpd004 (04-06-2020), fleetus macmullitz (04-06-2020), Vegas69 (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
I'm an essential employee (FR) and deal with people all day. While I'm normally a 'we can get through anything' type of person, this one has me worried.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer Dec. 23rd. Our lives changed dramatically. 6.5 weeks of chemo & radiation started 2 weeks later to help shrink it in order to improve her quality of life. Sitting in the waiting room everyday with her, we were the youngest people in there by at least 15 years.

Surgery was supposed to be the first week of March. Tuesday is approaching and we get a call Monday night saying they have people that they believe are infected. They are on the same floor that surgery takes place and the ventilation system is not isolated.

Chemo & radiation weakens your immune system to a near nonexistent level. The surgeon told us in her case, it can be fatal. 3 more times the surgery has been postponed and Friday they said that chemo and radiation may have to be started back up until the Covid situation stabilizes. It was 'rough' to put it mildly the first time. I can't imagine what it will do this time. I pray that I don't bring it home.

My wife was just finishing up radiation for her breast cancer treatments when this all started, which was the end of her treatment. I can't imagine how this impacts your family. Like its not stressful enough on its own. Good vibes to you and your wife ~~~~~~

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors
The Following User Says Thank You to BonzoHansen For This Useful Post:
cpd004 (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Thank you all...it’s truly appreciated.

BonzoHansen, I wish you both the best of health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpd004 For This Useful Post:
BMR Sales (04-08-2020), BonzoHansen (04-07-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 05:57 PM

Default cpd004

CPD I feel for you I just recently found out I have kidney cancer and leukemia, my cancer is not to bad its about 3 square inches the first doctor wanted to remove the whole kidney he didn't talk about other methods luckily we decided to go to Duke University and they made me feel better they explained there were other methods just remove the bad part, freeze it or take a laser to it. As for the leukemia that's another story its been a different story my white blood cell count keeps getting worse every month and my doctor didn't understand why as I am in no discomfort or pain don't even hurt. I have to say it was depressing and bothered me not knowing how much longer I was or am going to live but luckily my white blood cell count got a little better this month and I have made another appointment with Duke Hospital to see what they say. But know this my wife goes with me to every appointment no matter what and listens to the doctors and explains it to me as right now I am a basket case. But I also know that without the support of my wife and son I would not be able to make it. Your being there means a lot to her and she loves you for that as it is just as difficult for her as it is you. Before the coro thing we had a car show planned for every month starting in April all the was through to August plus trips to other parts of the country. Just remember be there for her when you get a chance take her out to eat try to maintain as much of a normal life as you can no matter how difficult it is and most of all talk with each other especially if she brings it up she going through a rough time. Sorry to rant but I truly hope your wife recovers and maybe one day we can meet at a car show.

Ed Burke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eburke For This Useful Post:
572Camaro (04-10-2020), BonzoHansen (04-09-2020), cpd004 (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Thank you eburke...I appreciate the kind words and advice. Prayers coming your way.

I hope you find the right doctor to address the leukemia. Hopefully, this was just some glitch in the treatment and you're white blood cells will continue to rise. We are now in a holding pattern. The latest is the first week of may to actually meet with doctors to see how we proceed. Each day the chemo wears away a little more, so she's feeling better.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:26 AM

Glad to hear that I got teary eyed reading about your wife and appreciate everything what you said if you ever need someone to talk to PM me
Old 04-10-2020, 01:27 PM

CPD004,

I speak as a cancer survivor who experienced surgery, TWO years of chemo, and 40 radiation treatments..,
Please tell your wife to hang in there.
I have true faith that she can BEAT this.
Here’s how I am going to make sure..,
Every night at 8:30pm CST, I walk my really spoiled puppy dog through darkness down my gravel driveway 300 yards.., and when we reach our destination, my puppy lies down just long enough for me to say ONE PRAYER.
Never for ME.
Never for HIM.
Always for someone else.

TONIGHT, we pray that your WIFE makes a speedy and full RECOVERY.

I got your back on this one.

jim gloe
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 572Camaro For This Useful Post:
cpd004 (04-10-2020), fleetus macmullitz (04-19-2020), Gmachine1911 (04-11-2020), Roscoe03 (04-10-2020), Spiffav8 (04-21-2020), Vegas69 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 04:49 PM

Thank you all so much. This support here is amazing. I'm at a loss for words in describing how grateful I am to you guys. Please know that I truly am.

I didn't intend to take away from the OP thread.

Jim, that's one of the most selfless kind things I've heard. I'd like to 'borrow' it. You definitely went through a great ordeal and as simple as it sounds, 'hang in there' is somehow very reassuring.

I wish you all a Happy Easter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpd004 For This Useful Post:
572Camaro (04-11-2020), BonzoHansen (04-20-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 09:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

My wife works in public health, and right now humor is a welcome release for those folks...

Skip