Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM

Default 1963 Biscayne project

New here and finally decided to post. I have a near stock 63 Biscayne (only big modification is a 454 and TH-400 transmission). Looking to do a complete restore on it, with the first thing being suspension and disk brakes on the front.

Open to all suggestions for improvements. Since I don't have a wad of money laying around, I'll be doing this incrimentally.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Killer car! Love the Biscaynes...

And welcome.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Very nice..Welcome.

Soon to be crazy
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sweet!! Dang good start...looks to be in great shape.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Well, I've made a big decision on my car. I've decided to go with a Schwartz performance chassis. I'm getting ready to move here in about 45 days so, on my way to my new house I'm going to drop it off for the frame.

It is in fairly good shape although whomever painted it should have not even bothered. It has really bad lacquer checking on the roof and it is starting to peel off so, once the frame is done I'll start doing the body work.

The beauty of the Schwartz chassis is that I can use my big block until I decide to swap out and put an LS in it.

I really need to come up with a concept sketch of what I want this to look like when I'm done. Thinking about going with ocean mist (used on Saturn cars) and a silver but, not sure. I'm open to suggestions.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade6 View Post
Well, I've made a big decision on my car. I've decided to go with a Schwartz performance chassis. I'm getting ready to move here in about 45 days so, on my way to my new house I'm going to drop it off for the frame.

It is in fairly good shape although whomever painted it should have not even bothered. It has really bad lacquer checking on the roof and it is starting to peel off so, once the frame is done I'll start doing the body work.

The beauty of the Schwartz chassis is that I can use my big block until I decide to swap out and put an LS in it.

I really need to come up with a concept sketch of what I want this to look like when I'm done. Thinking about going with ocean mist (used on Saturn cars) and a silver but, not sure. I'm open to suggestions.
Sounds like a nice project. Did you look at the Ironworks frame I think they are doing one for that year car? Roadster shop certainly wouldn't disappoint and I think they do a frame for your car. I chose them even though I'm in CA and am glad I did.

I had Ben Hermance do a rendering for me and I think it was $$ well spent. He was great to work with and did a few wheel paint combinations to help me visualize what was in my head. There are a few good rendering guys if you search the artwork section of the forum. I can only speak from experience with Ben that his attitude is good and I think his work is stellar.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Last edited by FETorino; 06-03-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it.

This is going to be a bit of an extended build as I am moving this summer and again next summer so, I have to get to pretty good build points to make sure I can move my car.

I suppose I should start a build thread although I have only installed new trunk hinges in it and fixed some of the previous owner's wiring disasters.

I'm worried how much rust I'll find when I get it blasted but, it will only be more sheetmetal replacement