Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2008, 11:47 AM

Default Help with stance

I'm new to the site and see a lot of great cars here. Here's what I need. I want the stance of a g-machine, but don't neccessarily need the performance. The truth is,I'm cheap! Is there a way to get the look/stance that you guys have without laying out thousands for a suspension. My front end is higher than the rear always.

Also, what wheel / tire combo will fit the stock wells without rubbing?

'68 conv, 350ci, auto

Last edited by stssilverado; 09-03-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: pic
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM

Default Nice looking 68

You can either cut your front coil springs to bring the height down or get a new set.

I believe that Hotchkins makes a 2 inch drop coil for the front and you can get a 2 or 3 inch drop leaf for the rear from them or Detroit Speed and Engineering. I would also spend the money on Hotchkins 1 1/8 hollow sway bar.

If you do not want to change rear leafs you can always put a 1 inch lowering block on it....I would not go more than an inch though.

There are folks on here better qualified than me to pick a size rim and tire for your car...call Driverz inc on the side bar or Frank at Prodigy and they will steer you in the right direction.

I have a friend with a 68 conv and he is running 245/45/17 on the front with an 8 inch rim and 275/40/17 on a 10 in the back (very tight in the rear)
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM

that also keeping it cheap.. a gullstrand mod, and some solid bodymounts will help alot... loosing the coctail shakers and making some subframe connectors if you are mechanically inclined... next suggention is bushings... preforably del-alum (poly will squeak and ride harsher than the delrin ones)... bilstein shocks perhaps....

there are some goodlooking 17 inch steel wheels that look prety darn cool and pro-touring some soft8īs come to mind...