Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Default Interesting drive in to work today

I was a bit late getting out of the house this morning, go figure, it's monday. On the way to pick-up my car-pool buddy I texted him to make sure I was picking him up and he wasn't driving himself in today. He said he was ready and waiting...I texted back '5 mins'...I get there, honk my horn...wait...wait...check my phone and he had texted me back twice saying he was driving in and that I didn't have to turn around and come get him. He thought I had already made it to work before I texted him.

So now I'm WAY behind and I have to hustle. I'm speeding....badly. Like 45 in 25 and 60 in 35 bad. I'm scanning for cops and watching my rear view....I notice a red car in the distance weaving through traffic to catch up to me. As it gets closer, I see that it's a Mustang. A mid 90s convertable. I get stopped at a red light and he pulls up really close to my bumper. When it turns green I leave like I normally do, quicker than traffic, but not even 1/4 throttle. In the middle of the intersection he floors it, pulls around me and roars off in front. A few blocks down he makes a right turn, I have to change lanes to keep my speed up and he rolls down his window and flips me off. WTF!?!?! I didn't race him and he's mad? I'm in a Camaro and he thinks he beat me in a race and wants to rub it in? I know I didn't cut him off or anything....I'm not sure what just happened here. If it was late at night and the road was clear I would have whooped on him a bit, but come on....it's friggin rush hour!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM

At least he was not dumb enough to start shooting at you. And you are lucky he didn't. There are crack heads all over that area. Who knows what he was thinking. Glad you are safe though.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!