Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

If you're looking for somewhere less exotic, I would highly recommend the Mammoth Lakes, CA area. Looks like it's only a little over 4 hours from you.

The weather in summer, like right now is amazing. Warm enough during the day to wear shorts and a t-shirt, but cold enough at night for a camp fire, jeans and a t-shirt. Plus there are ENDLESS amount of things to do and check out up there. Every summer my parents and I would go up there for a week. I haven't been in about 5 years, but now that my parents are retired they go up there for a month every summer.

If you're into winter sports, it's a great are for the winter as well. Too cold for my blood though.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:20 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 495 Posts

"May have to pass on Honduras. I just got back from Mexico and I have never been sicker. I probably shouldnt have ate at that taco stand. lol"

We went to Mexico yearly for probably 20+ years . Finally went to Roatan Honduras probably 8 years ago and have gone every year since. Bought a condo down there 2 years ago. http://www.grandroatanresort.com/en/default.html
I can drink the water, they speak English and take dollars. It is 2 hours and 15 min in a Boeing 737 from Houston on United to the Island. Some of the best snorkeling in the world is done by swimming out 50' from the shores edge in front of our resort. We will be spending 4th of July there and watching firewroks on the beach. There is also a Pete Dye 18 hole golf course that is maybe 5 years old and hardly played.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:07 AM

We have used this a few times and really thought it was a great value.

https://www.vrbo.com/
Old 06-23-2016, 03:13 PM

If you're looking at staying in Cali-- We love the Arnold, Murphy's area. We go up once every few months and stay at my sister in law cabin. It's

I used to have a place on the Nevada side that was a ski condo in South Lake, i spoke with my accountant about moving it to my primary residence. Id have to make a pretty compelling story... re-license all cars with NV plates, etc etc.. He said they are getting really good at looking at border towns with folks claiming it's their primary residence. If you do get busted they can go back up to 10'yrs worth of taxes on an audit. I decided it wasn't worth the risk.