Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Life after the Oil Crash

Interesting article. Has a direct effect on our hobby/industry.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Jim
Old 03-28-2008, 06:42 PM

I have already had a bad day dont bring this crap up
I dont think anyone wants to think about the doom and gloom aspect of things
Old 03-28-2008, 08:14 PM

It's also an opinion, and certainly not facts based on any hard evidence.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM

You need to stop reading this propoganda bull S4!t. People Like Al Gore want you to believe this.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:37 PM

Interesting article although I will say that I think that much of what is now petro powered or dependent on will be replaced by another solution!

That's what we as humans are good at doing! Finding solutions to problems!

That's not to say that it's not going to be a rocky road but I don't think it'll be as rough as some are predictiing! Oil companies have boatloads of money, especially now, so they certainly aren't going to let a little thing like supply derail them! They will transition into the next phase and go from there! I'm sure they are they main proponents of other alternative fuels although they aren't committing tons of money to it yet because they first need to figure out how to control it so that they have the same monopoly they have on us with oil!

John
Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Do you actually believe that crap? There are enough known oil reserves to last us the next 500 years and they keep finding more. Hell, just a couple of years ago they found a pool of oil something like 360 miles wide in Louisianna. We have billions of barrels of oil in U.S. territories alone, the oil companies just aren't aloud to touch it due to the environmental crap. I used to get freaked out about this doomsday crap as well, but, I learned that all it is designed to do is freak out the populus. There is even less truth to that article than there is to the man made global warming scam (if thats possible).
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 AM

I really appreciate how the side banners are selling power generators and survival gear!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboy View Post
Do you actually believe that crap? There are enough known oil reserves to last us the next 500 years and they keep finding more. Hell, just a couple of years ago they found a pool of oil something like 360 miles wide in Louisianna. We have billions of barrels of oil in U.S. territories alone, the oil companies just aren't aloud to touch it due to the environmental crap. I used to get freaked out about this doomsday crap as well, but, I learned that all it is designed to do is freak out the populus. There is even less truth to that article than there is to the man made global warming scam (if thats possible).
You do realize that most of those oil pools require more energy to process that sludge into something usable than the energy we can currently get out of it right? I don't know where you are getting your information, but I think most people realize that a limited resource such as oil isn't going to last forever.

Quote:
[World] reserves are confused and in fact inflated. Many of the so called reserves are in fact resources. They’re not delineated, they’re not accessible, they’re not available for production
-- Sadad Al-Husseini, former VP of Aramco, Oct. 2007; by Al-Husseini's estimate 300 billion of the world’s 1,200,000,000,000 barrels (190,000,000,000 m³) of proved reserves should be recategorized as speculative resources.

With worldwide demand increasing for oil faster than supply is increasing, this results in the large price increases we have seen, it is simple economics. All the developing nations (China, India etc) are trying to adopt modern western lifestyles and that requires lots of energy just like we use, so demand isn't going down anytime soon. So unless we can come up with a nearly unlimited supply out of nowhere, prices aren't coming down anytime soon.

Quote:
All the easy oil and gas in the world has pretty much been found. Now comes the harder work in finding and producing oil from more challenging environments and work areas.
-- William J. Cummings, ExxonMobil's spokesman in Angola, Dec 2005

It would be much better to support a sound energy policy where we really pour research monies into finding an alternative solution to burning a non-renewable resource, rather than waiting until a crisis hits then trying to do it and watching our economy fall into pieces while waiting for us to research and bring to market a viable alternative energy source.

Also do you think for a moment if we really seriously started researching alternative energy sources that Opec wouldn't lower prices in attempt to, avert that? Win-win in my book, lower gas prices in the short-mid term and sound investment in the future. The real question is why aren't we doing this now?

Quotes from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Last edited by BBC69Camaro; 03-31-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 PM

This peak oil scam is a lie from the pit of HELL!!!!!

It goes like this.... Global warming, carbon credits, peak oil, the government cares about you, evolution...... come on.....

this is the new age religion.... when will people realize the real agenda... People breath in air and expell "carbon dioxide".... Without these wacos saying it, its people who are the threat....

okay... better yet... "Norway's Moose Population in Trouble for Belching" and the british government are going to mandate new diets for cows and livestock because their farting is creating too many "green house gases" that is causing global warming"....

THE NORWEIGN MOOSES FARTING AND BELCHING IS GOING TO KILL US ALL"

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...501145,00.html

this peak oil crap is complete BS.... I can't stand it anymore... not even worth bebating....

Blessings,
Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC69Camaro View Post
Your quotes were from wikipedia? Not a reliable source of information.
Here is a recent find.. http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=56144

An older find..
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/bu...in&oref=slogin

Also, since we have world's largest reserves of Oil Shale. http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/30/maga...tune/index.htm

Jeff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/67rscamaro
Closed Thread