Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Glad to see your car coming along so well. That damn car has been on my mind non-stop since I was up last Saturday to see it. The other members almost need a video or something with sound to really appreciate/get the feel of how mighty this thing is.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labold View Post
Glad to see your car coming along so well. That damn car has been on my mind non-stop since I was up last Saturday to see it. The other members almost need a video or something with sound to really appreciate/get the feel of how mighty this thing is.
That's a great idea.
I'd love to hear a video of your car idling and revving up.
THANKS!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM

That thing has got the looks Jeff. I reconize a lot of those parts. Good to know your putting them to good use.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge33 View Post
i have posted a couple of pics a few times but had very poor lighting. i will get more pics soon but we are supposed to start getting an ice storm this afternoon so it may be a few days till can. the car is bagged with the quadra link i have speed tech arms inthe front.this project has changed directions a few times.20X10rear with 335/35/20.i have built the whole thing out of my garage at home.
A 335 on a 10" wheel? Is that right?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 PM

no sorry typo 315/35/20. frank if it wasnt for you iwould still have some money.cant save it all and you cant take it with you,so spend it on cars!

Last edited by sledge33; 01-27-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Default 1969 camaro

well bad news,i got my car out this weekend to clean it up and never had it out in good sunlight.i found places in the roof where it looks like where they were spotted in.it looks horrible,about the size of a softball in two spots,and there is abunch of spots mthat look like water spots under the clear.this was the second time i took the car back to get stuff fixed.i really dont know what to do.the guy that painted it thinks he did a real good job.i havnt been happy with the paint since day one but he kept saying it will buff out.not to mention he is a good friend and i dont want him pissed,but icant leave the paint like it is.he should know the paint didnt turn out like i wanted,because it was supposed to be "showroom paint".if i show him the spots he will want to spot them in again instead of fixing them right. iwanted the car to de done by summer and if i let him try to fix it and cant i will have to try to get someone else to do it and there would be no way to get it done by summer.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM

Sounds like only a few days repair, Fix the dents and re-clear the roof and 1/4 panels. I'd ask him, what do you have to loose.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge33 View Post
well bad news,i got my car out this weekend to clean it up and never had it out in good sunlight.i found places in the roof where it looks like where they were spotted in.it looks horrible,about the size of a softball in two spots,and there is abunch of spots mthat look like water spots under the clear.this was the second time i took the car back to get stuff fixed.i really dont know what to do.the guy that painted it thinks he did a real good job.i havnt been happy with the paint since day one but he kept saying it will buff out.not to mention he is a good friend and i dont want him pissed,but icant leave the paint like it is.he should know the paint didnt turn out like i wanted,because it was supposed to be "showroom paint".if i show him the spots he will want to spot them in again instead of fixing them right. iwanted the car to de done by summer and if i let him try to fix it and cant i will have to try to get someone else to do it and there would be no way to get it done by summer.
Sounds like your only choice is to have someone else do it.
He may be pissed because you had someone else do a "better" job, but it is your car.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtyme1 View Post
Sounds like only a few days repair, Fix the dents and re-clear the roof and 1/4 panels. I'd ask him, what do you have to loose.
no they are not dents it is where he spotted it in its under the clear, and the paint as a whole didnt turn out like i wished.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 AM

Big bummer man.....I'd drive it and beat the hell out of it all summer.