Some new pics...

Old 09-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Very Nice!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Car looks great

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Updates.......
Last summer I found some new seats for the Chevelle that are out of an 05 Tiburon. I whipped up some brackets and got em installed. Eventually they will be recovered with leather.

I bought a set of ANVIL's A-Pillars and they look incredible, I have yet to install them but I'm enjoying them as eye candy on my project table in the mean time.

Also got a set of Ringbros hood pins another excellent product. Unfortunately this one gave me a bit of a fit during the install, the pin was too tall and the thread wasn't deep enough on the pin to securely latch the hood. After a few re-threading dies I eventually got the correct one then bam fit like a glove.

I'm not sure what the reaction to this next update will be but I think it works on the car. I believe I may have the first Chevelle with Supertones. I made some brackets and thought it would be cool to mount them to look like second headlights like the 70 Chevelle.

It was difficult to take pictures of them installed, they don't really do it justice but I think it looks good.

Last edited by crazycarguy22; 09-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 PM

Continuing....I ditched the windshield wiper motor because I don't even have wipers so I made a little closeout panel to cover the hole. I made an MDF template than just used a copy bit on my router to transfer it to aluminum. It's nothing real special but I'm slowly becoming more adventurous and trying new things.

I decided it was finally time for an engine bay overhaul. I bought a March serpentine kit from MCB and cleaned everything up before installing it. I started by smoothing and painting my alternator and power steering pump.
Unattractive before pic

Alternator smoothed

Painted

Some billet beauty shots

Starting the install

I couldn't get myself to buy the $200 braided power steering pump hoses so I ended up searching all around town for parts and I have to say I was shocked at how unhelpful and disinterested my local auto parts stores were to help me out. So I took it upon myself and bought a few universal kits online and rigged them together to get a functioning power steering pump. It's not the prettiest set up but it works for now.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 PM

I also began swapping out all the nasty rubber hoses for Russel's nice nylon braided stuff. I'll have to get some more pics because for some reason I stopped taking pictures.

I also got a new set of MSD spark plug wires to which was much needed because the week before I burnt through one and was running on 7 cylinders.

Finally, I began working on my rear package tray as the first step in my interior garage makeover. I have a lot of sanding left to do but the plan is to cover it in some form of leather and have an aluminum trimmed perforated metal insert in the tree openings.

I ordered the metal, should be here this week and am currently searching for leather or some kind of synthetic leather. If anyone has a product they have used and would recommend I would love to hear about it. I will be covering the package tray and door panels in the material I end up with.

I have also been finishing up the designs for the rest of the interior. I discovered that TMI sells a suede headliner for the car and am thinking about pulling the trigger. Let me know what you think or if you have any experience with their suede stuff.

http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mv...EUDEHEADLINERS

I am going to be continuing the carbon fiber theme from the a-pillars to the dash and console and probably the door panels but time will tell.

More to come in the next few weeks......

Last edited by crazycarguy22; 09-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:12 PM

It's always the small details that make up a great car. Looking great! Love the color of your car!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM

Thanks! I just discovered that the pair of speakers I had from my dad from about 25 years ago finally dry rotted (they were still brand new in box). Does anyone have good speaker recommendations?

I was looking at a pair of focals (Focal Polyglass 690 CVX 6 x 9-Inch Coaxial Speakers) but I'm still looking for some more affordable versions of some of the nicer brands.

Last edited by crazycarguy22; 09-11-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarguy22 View Post
Thanks! I just discovered that the pair of speakers I had from my dad from about 25 years ago finally dry rotted (they were still brand new in box). Does anyone have good speaker recommendations?

I was looking at a pair of focals (Focal Polyglass 690 CVX 6 x 9-Inch Coaxial Speakers) but I'm still looking for some more affordable versions of some of the nicer brands.
CDT makes nice coaxial 6x9s.

Andrew